Thursday, 3 October 2013

Summary of another week

 

I know it’s only Thursday evening, but the end of the week for me. A trip to the city is on the agenda for tomorrow, so this is my summary of the week.

A few garden shots, and when I say I am going across the road to The Sanctuary, this is the view back to my house. These iris’ were glorious a couple of days ago, but this week we have had extremely strong winds and now half of the stems are lying on the ground. I would have thought that they were quite sheltered in this spot, but apparently not!

IMG_6632

IMG_6633

IMG_6635

IMG_6636

And this is the star quilt, back view. I love the texture of the back, and those feathers show up beautifully on the plain fabric, as the front border is quite busy.

IMG_6637

IMG_6656

View on the bed, it is almost to the floor, so hard to get a shot of it properly. Will take a photo when it’s hanging in the quilt show in November. Will be delivering this beauty tomorrow to it’s owner. Think she is pretty excited to see it finished.

IMG_6658

Well, that’s it for this week, I still have not reported on last weekend’s retreat with the longarm girls. And heaps of quilt photos to come.

Am on a mission to finish quilts, as we will be hanging quilts for our local group exhibition in just 2 weeks from today!! No pressure? I did want to finish the one I am working on today, but have to give in, as I am feeling much too tired, and the alarm will be going off at 5am, so I need to switch Max off and go pack my “stuff”.

So, over and out,

Blessings, From Jude

4 comments:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Oh boy, that's a massive quilt. I loooove those big feathered borders!!

Susan Smith said...

The quilt looks stunning!!!
Hasn't the wind, cold and rain be horrific? We spent the last 2 days in Ballarat would you believe and froze most of the time and it is the second month of Spring. It's getting better though. Take care.

Cathy H said...

Beautiful quilting on the huge star quilt......

Sue SA said...

Beautiful quilt, quilted beautifully.