Wednesday 9 October 2013

Bordertown Exhibition

Just giving my feet a break before I get back to work, burning a bit of midnight oil (well more like early morning) this week, getting ready for our local group biannual exhibition next week. It is on from 18 - 20 October, and quilts need to be ready to hang on the 17th!
I am still quilting customer quilts, have about 4 that need to be done yet, and then I really hope to get a couple of mine finished.
So if you are interested in a weekend trip, come along and see what we have on show. Our group has almost 50 members.
 This is the first time we will be using our newly renovated civic centre
.
There will be shops showing their wares, and morning and afternoon teas, and light lunches available. Would be great to see you there.

Below are a couple photos of our raffle quilt, which was made by members, and quilted by yours truly. The back really shows up the quilting. I really just put texture on the dark squares.

 

Well, time to get up and finish the one on the machine, I have the next one ready to load, 2 all over quilting jobs tomorrow, and then another 2 custom.
I seem to be living in the quilting room at the moment, and I think that the dust bunnies and cobwebs have taken over in the rest of the house. Really must get busy and do some housework after this is over.
bye for now,
Blessings.
From Jude
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jfoster8 said...

Really lovely work on the raffle quilt..hope the show goes well

Furball Farm Quilting said...

That raffle quilt is just gorgeous.... love what you have quilted on it too. Fingers crossed the weather is kind for the show!

Christina said...

Absolutely love the raffle quilt Judy. The quilting looks wonderful and I love the colours in the quilt top.

Susan Smith said...

Lovely raffle quilt and wish I could come, but our house looks like a bomb has hit and we are having our garage sale this weekend. Talk to you soon and take care.