Saturday 6 April 2013

April 6, 2013

I have been missing in action this week, but very pleased that my blog postings have come through each day as planned. Always something new to learn about this blogging. Not too sure if I will be able to keep up with a posting each day though!

I left home on Tuesday and travelled to the Barossa region of South Australia, where some of my family live, and it just happened to be the week of the Vintage Festival, which is held each year after the grape harvest is finished. It is a week of events, such as markets, quilt shows, wine tastings etc, and they usually have scarecrows dotted about the district for people to see. Below are a couple of photos of some that I saw in my travels. I also managed to catch a quilt show by Vine Patch Quilters on my way through, where I saw lots of lovely quilts. Sorry, no photos.

IMG_5590

IMG_5592

While away we had a family birthday celebration with my youngest grandson ( I know he has long blonde curls, but he is a he!) who turned 2 years old. This is a photo of my 6 gorgeous grandchildren.

IMG_5602

I have a group of ladies at The Sanctuary this weekend, learning about Electric Quilt and what marvellous things it will do! We are all learning lots, and I think the teacher as well! (Check out the Virtual Quilter blog and I know I should learn how to do the linky thing. Maybe I shall get her to show me in class tomorrow. I will post some photos of that another time.

We are having some lovely autumn weather this week, with temperatures mid to high 20’s. Just glorious before the winter comes upon us. And tonight it is the end of daylight saving, so we get a whole extra hour of sleep.

That’s all for now, must get my “beauty” sleep before another day of learning tomorrow.

Blessings, From Jude

3 comments:

Marilyn Popplewell said...

Thank you for sharing all of the wonderful festivities that are going on. The grandchildren are beautiful. Can't wait to hear how classes went for all of the ladies in attendance. Blessings.

Sue SA said...

Very impressed with your advanced blog posts! I have to say I wish I had thought to go to the Barossa this weekend, the days have been so glorious. Lovely to see all your grandies, its nice that you got to have a whole family catch up.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Judy for hosting a wonderful weekend at your retreat leaning about Electric Quilt. I had a great time & learned heaps. Thanks for the beautiful food, the excellant company & a chance to relax,away from the everyday demands.