Tuesday 2 April 2013

April 2nd, 2013

 

Don’t be shocked Faye when you see a posting every day this week, as I am doing them all on Sunday night hoping it works for each day. Will be good to catch up on posting, while I have a bit of time over this Easter weekend.

The machine is empty, not a quilt even ready to go on. Have had a lovely couple of days doing some sewing for me. More news on that another day.

Below is one of my quilts, that I finished the top in January and have since quilted, a simple custom with 2 different block patterns on each alternate block and a separate border. And I have even done the binding, so only the label and hanging sleeve to be done. Wow, it feels good to get something of my own done.

IMG_5501

A couple of weeks ago I had a phone call from DD3, and I was concerned as I had only talked to her not long before that. The conversation went like this….

Me: What’s wrong, is everything all right?

DD3: No, there’s nothing wrong! I just rang to tell you my exciting news!                          Can you guess what it is?

(For your information, DD3 is not yet married, but has a lovely partner).

Me: I have no idea… are you and Dan engaged?!

DD3: No, it’s more exciting than that!

Me: Well did you and Dan get married?

DD3: No, it’s more exciting than that!

Me: Well, are you pregnant and having a baby?

DD3: No, it’s more exciting than that!!

Me: Well, I have no idea, tell me.

DD3: We are getting a puppy, I’m so excited!!!! ???????

Well I guess for some that would be exciting, but although I was pleased that she was happy, I did not really think that a puppy was more exciting for my 31 year old year old daughter, than all the other options? What do you think?

And the photo below, is of what I am calling my new “grandpuppy”! Meet KiKi, a Beagleir, (I think that’s how you say it. A Beagle, Cavalier cross).

Susanne and Dan are very happy, and their social life is curtailed because they don’t want to go out and leave their puppy!!?? Guess she is cute.

735062_10151678440315312_1697000639_n

Below is a photo of Jennifer’s Dresden quilt, wanted a simple quilting job, so I did a block pattern on each block for her and a separate border.

IMG_5506

Enjoy your day,

Blessings,

From Jude

1 comment:

Marilyn Popplewell said...

Love the quilting patterns on the two quilts, beautiful. The puppy is a little cutie. Blessings.