Tuesday 22 November 2022

The last week and a bit........

 I had intended updating newsfromjude on Sunday afternoon, but did have a birthday post to do and then I decided it was time for a customer quilt update. So here I am 3 days in a row with a blog post.

My intentions this morning were to spend time in the garden pulling a LOT of weeds that have taken off with all of the rain we have had. I did have my back garden all sprayed and weed free not so long ago. I woke up this morning and looked out to see no rain, and thought 'this is the day!' Out I went and got busy but it wasn't long before the rain came down again. My back was a bit damp when I came back inside, so I am sitting by the heater now, hoping to dry out. Perhaps tomorrow...... as the weather is forecast to be up in the low 30's by Friday?? Not sure how I will cope with that after being 11deg yesterday!!

Once again I am reporting on a full week, although the diary entries for the coming week only have one appointment marked, so that sounds good.

Early last week Raylene and I sorted out 'stuff' to take to sell and early Wednesday morning we packed the car and off we went. This was my 4th trip up the highway in not quite 2 weeks!

                                        

Cornerstone Creations was the 'shop' at the SA Quilters Guild day meeting, and a few gathered for coffee before the meeting...........

                                         

.........and then it was time to unpack our 'stuff' and set up the tables allocated to us.........






......we managed to spread it all out in the space we had............ Robyn came to help. Thankyou to my assistants. We had a good time and were very happy with sales.



Then it was time to pack up the remaining stock, and head for home after calling in to see Mum on the way. The cases were unloaded but not unpacked until Thursday onto my shelves. Stock is gradually being listed onto my blog Sale page, and next year will bring more selling opportunities.


************************

Thursday was the Gum Tree Quilters sewing day, and we called in to say hello, and I took some photos for our monthly newsletter.




******************

The weather has been very cold and wet and it seems like winter instead of spring. Hard to believe that summer is here in 2 weeks!! And here we are lighting the fire mid November!


 In spite of the weeds and the neglect my strawberry patch is bearing fruit. The birds are enjoying them too or the container would have been fuller.


*******************

The fairy has been busy making gifts of an apron, pot holders and microwave bowl cozies.


She has also been busy working on this string quilt, in an effort to use up the strings. And proudly called Ta Daa!! And I duly took the photo........... and what do you see??


Whoopsie..... where is the unpicker!..........


.....and now it's fixed!! A backing was pieced and the quilt is now in the 'waiting to be quilted' queue, making friends with the others waiting there!


*******************

On Friday, GD3 came to visit. Grandma, can you cut up my school uniform, now that I don't need it anymore, and make an outfit to wear at schoolies?? This uniform has been worn well so I didn't feel bad cutting into it...............Between us all a skirt and top was made....... and even a bag out of the pocket and collar! We had a lovely day and achieved what she wanted.




***********************

On Saturday we ventured to Padthaway, which is about half hour drive from Bordertown. Padthaway is an area known for vines and wineries and about 20 members enjoyed Christmas lunch, at the Farmers Leap restaurant.



********************
Sunday was church day, followed by a meeting and the afternoon was very quietly spent by the fire, and a book may have been read!

***********************

About a week ago a goods train derailed near Geelong in Victoria, which resulted in the Overland train not running this week...............the photo looks like lego bricks spread out on the floor!!! 


.......so this meant Raylene's journey home was not to be on the train. They organised buses for the passengers instead, so we arrived at the station at the allotted time to wait for the bus. Again it was a rainy day and we waited and waited....... 


.............and 1 1/2 hours later a bus arrived!! (There was a phone call during that time to advise us of the delay). And lo and behold the bus says The Ghan?? We wondered if they might take Raylene all the way to Darwin instead of Adelaide, but no, not Darwin.


*******************
I think it's time to finish off this post. Thanks if you have read this far. There is more news about another subject to come another day. 
Thankyou to the alert person who notified me about my profile that still read 10 grandchildren. It has now been updated to 11! I will continue to add sale items and I have updated the Scheduled Retreats Page also.

Blessings, From Jude





9 comments:

loulee said...

You've had a busy time of it.

Karen's Korner said...

What an "inviting" looking trading table. Pity you are so far away from my quilting group. Love the school uniform transformation. Busy as always.

Raylene Edwards said...

Never a dull moment in your life. I do believe there is only 1 occasion on your calendar this week, but remember your revolving door. Try for some feet up, a good book & a fire 🔥

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You've been so busy! Glad the sale went well... love the apron Raylene made! I think next time don't unpick that block, it gave the quilt an interesting look :) I never thought that the accident at Geelong would mess up trains to SA! Hope you have a bit of a rest now....! xx

Susan Smith said...

Great catchup post & a very full few weeks for you. GD3's outfit is "cool". Take care & hugs.

Maria said...

Oh my goodness you have been busy. I’m worn out just reading your post….
Pleased the oopppie was fixed….

kiwikid said...

Lovely newsy post Jude, you are the Fairy are always busy!!

Janice said...

Another jam packed week. Isn’t it great that you can get out and about to functions like things used to be, I love the adaptation of the school uniform. What a fun thing for schoolies. Our strawberries are bearing lots of fruit too. So yummy. The weather is crazy. Like you, we have had freezing days, but are currently away in 30 degrees. A bit of a shock to the system.

dq said...

Beautiful turquoise strings. It is good to see the error BEFORE you quilt it!
What a fun spread and fun aprons on your little excursion. I am glad sales were good for you. Glad you are out and about doing happy things - except for weed pulling. Nice that the strawberries are plentiful.