Saturday 19 September 2020

What a week!

 This week has disappeared so fast, it is hard to keep up with what day it is. Since my last post, there has been some quilting with Max, and then I had a trip up the highway to do some jobs at Mum's new place. Sorry I have hardly taken a photo all week.

Mum has a lovely pergola area which needed some nice potted plants. I have a couple of lovely plants at my place, so took some cuttings from these, and bought some pots to plant them in. Sorry not pics, but I do have this one of mine taken today in my pergola.


There is also a community garden behind her house, and she has access to a plot if she wishes. Digging is not on mum's list of things to do, so I have dug the ground over and it's now ready for her to plant some geraniums, and other hardy plants. We had a trip to the garden centre for potting soil, and a few other things, and enjoyed lunch out. My fairy met up with us in MB and has come home with me to spend a couple of weeks while we do Pink things.

While I was in the garden today, I took a few more photos of spring blooms. If I take a closeup pic, you can't see the neglect that I am slowly working on.





This morning I spent time in the kitchen, preparing some meals for the next few days while we are enjoying zoom meetings and some local afternoon teas with friends.



Then it was time to prepare for this week's Zoom meetings, and my decorating expert set to work on an appropriate Pink Lady backdrop.


                                  

Out came my pink hat, and my grandmother's cup and saucer, and a plate of scones. (Sorry photo taken prior to the scones).

The first scheduled Zoom meeting for this week was with some of my family for a practice run. This worked well, and while we had all communicated with each other over the last few months, this was the first time we were all chatting at the same time. It was good to link up my mum, with some of my children, my sister, and niece, but especially the family in Melbourne who have been very restricted this year.  It was a lot of fun, so I am looking forward to the next week and more meetings. As I only have the free version of Zoom, the meetings are limited to 40 minutes, and I have planned smaller groups.

                                 

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to all those who have supported this cause. I took quite a few parcels to the post office yesterday to make their way to the purchasers of fabric packs and kits. Tomorrow afternoon there is another zoom meeting scheduled with more next weekend, so we are looking forward to quite a social week, (with lots of scones).

Thanks again to all of you, and there is still time for others to join in if you contact me.

Blessings, From Jude



7 comments:

ButterZ said...

I have something ready for tomorrow

See you there for a chat

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jude glad it's working out well and gee you have a lovely garden xx

Susan Smith said...

My, you have been busy over the last week. The garden is looking good & after the lousy winter weather, mine isn't the best either. Your Mum sounds like she is settling in & I've very little knowledge about Zoom. Maybe I should get to grips with it! Say hello to your fairy for me & hope your "chats" go well. A few less restrictions for us now here in country Victoria, but I can't see it lasting......
Take care, stay safe & huggles.

kiwikid said...

Lovely to see your fairy with you again. You have great spring colour in the garden. Enjoy your busy week.

Maria said...

Your background was lovely and great to chat up but sadly my internet dropped out suddenly...

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

How lucky you are to have your fairy with you again! Do we have to dress up??? I mean.. I should have plenty of pink.. somewhere... looking forward to catching up with everyone and I'd better do some baking too!! xx

Raylene Edwards said...

Oops, the Fairy 🧚‍♀️ is on full flight... doing lots of cutting, stacking, sorting & doing Pink things for this amazing Fund Raiser, I’d forgotten to read THE BLOG ! You are an inspiration Judy, I love being here 💕