Monday 14 September 2020

20/20 Fundraiser - "In the Pink"

                                         

                                                       

20/20 FUNDRAISING – “In the Pink”

If you have read my last 2 blog posts, then you would knowthat for the last 8 years I have held an “In the Pink” retreat as a fundraiser for the BCNA, (Breast Cancer Network Australia). A lot of things have changed this year, 2020, and I am conscious that many fundraising events have been cancelled or postponed while the need for funds has not changed. Everyday 50 Australians will be diagnosed with Breast Cancer, and the BCNA provides support during treatment to those affected. I personally benefited from those services in 2008 during my treatment for BC, which is why I support this cause. I have a good friend just commencing a long road of treatment for breast cancer, and I am sure you don’t need to look far to also know someone with BC. The restrictions in place this year, due to the Covid19 virus has made us all think of new ways to do things. After consultation with the BCNA I have come up with a couple of ideas to replace the usual “In the Pink” retreat, and have their permission to hold these events as fundraisers

ZOOM AFTERNOON TEA

Register your interest in joining me for afternoon tea on Zoom! This will be held over the last 2 weekends of September. (September 19/20 or 26/27).  Of course it might suit you better for a morning cuppa, or anytime just for a chat.

Send me your email address, and preferred date, so that I can email you with an invitation and time to join with a group for a cuppa (or bubbles if you prefer!) and a chat. I intend to keep the groups smaller and informal. As this is a virtual cuppa, I am sorry but you will need to supply your own! It would be great and a bit of fun if you could dress in pink or even wear a special hat? For the “privilege” of supplying your own goodies I ask that you make a donation of $20 to this cause, and I will let you know bank account details for this.

I look forward to hearing from you by emailing me on simmoja@internode.on.net and I will contact you with further details.

SALES OF FABRIC PACKS OR KITS

On my blog I have a “For Sale” page with fabric packs and “Ready, Set Sew” quilt kits. For 2 weeks commencing on Thursday September 17, until Wednesday September 30, I will donate 20% of all sales from this page to the BCNA.

This page is being updated as items are added or sold, and is available by going to my blog, http://newsfromjude.blogspot.com.au and clicking on the link BCNA fundraiser at the top of the page.

The cost of postage for these items will be added to your invoice if you are not local and able to pick them up. Please email me on simmoja@internode.on.net to register your interest in purchasing from this page.

*******************************************

Looking forward to hearing from you sometime soon. Of course if the above ideas don't work for you I am happy to accept donations and can advise you of account details by email.

I have some local ladies who are unable to Zoom, and have scheduled some "real" socially distanced afternoon teas with them.

Blessings, From Jude


5 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jude what a great idea,our craft group is doing something as well,you are a lovely lady doing this hope you raise heaps for such a good cause xx

Maria said...

Such a great idea Jude and as there is nothing happening here I'd love to send you a donation.

ButterZ said...

I'd love to join in. Either weekend is fine.. jobutterfield87@gmail.com

Raylene Edwards said...

The PINK ZOOM TEA PARTY is a great idea. The Pink Retreats were wonderful for all of us, with the opportunity of raising money for BCNA. This need continues, with so many people in need of this organisation for support. I’ve got my Pink outfit ready for a good time 🌸

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG I am so behind.......I would have done the zoom afternoon tea.......

what Janey fabrics do you still have? I was just looking at the sale page.