Thursday 24 September 2020

A Quick Checkin................

 I am a bit behind in reading and commenting on blogs, so thought I would do a quick post and catchup with other posts this afternoon. I did load a quilt this morning onto Max, and was about to start and then the rain came down, and I can hear the thunder outside. That was a good enough reason to turn Max off and I will try again tomorrow. I am quite happy to spend some time inside with the warmth of the fire making the house cozy. The weather certainly has been up and down this month, as we had temperatures up to almost 30deg last week, and tomorrow is back to 13deg!!

The Pink fun continues this week, and here is a photo taken by Jo in Mildura, during our Zoom afternoon tea on Sunday. This group represents ladies from the states of Victoria, South Australia and West Australia, and it was lovely to chat. Don't you just love the PINK hair at the bottom left!?? I was very impressed with Pat's afternoon tea platter on top right. Thanks to you all for joining in and supporting the cause.


Tuesday afternoon there was another afternoon tea, this time face to face, and socially distant. That Pink hair seems to have popped up again!! 

                                  

And this morning there was another cuppa or two, with more of those scones, and that pink hair again!!


This weekend there are more Zoom meetings planned, and I am looking forward to that.

Last week I purchased a pie maker, and had a little play with it a few days ago. I cooked bacon and eggs in it one day, and then lemon delicious puddings and cinnamon scrolls. Sorry those scrolls don't look so good with the dark pink icing, although they tasted pretty good. I was trying to make them pink for the occasion, but the colouring came out too fast!


This photo is the first ever flowers to come from my Banksia Rose, and are so pretty and delicate.


A customer came to pick up her 2 quilts this week, and surprised me with this beautiful arrangement. Aren't they lovely?

Once again, the days have flown by so fast. The funds raised so far is looking good and I hope to report on that later in the week. The fairy has been busy doing what she is so good at, and sorting and organising. In the background of all that is happening there has also been a few not so pleasant things. I learned this week of the death of one of my cousins, so will be attending his funeral next week. He was only a year or two younger than I, so it makes one stop and think. Last night I also heard of the death of a good friend of my parents, so both of these are a part of my history. And then there are good friends who are going through health issues at present, and the recurrence of one of my own, which laid me low for a day. That's all part of life I guess, the good and the not so good. 

I am so thankful that I can go to God in prayer for peace and comfort and he hears me. And that I can trust Him for all things.

On a better note, I received this photo from Melbourne, of Miss Billie, after she received Matilda in the mail. Looks like Matilda is happy in her new home. (Archibald will be received by Mr Jett on Sunday when he celebrates his 1st birthday!)

                              

Now it's off to the recliner to spend the rest of the day by the fire. 

Blessings, From Jude


8 comments:

Maria said...

Wonderful to catch up with the ladies for Zoom afternoon Tea and lovely to have face to face GTGs too for your fund raiser..
Beautiful photo of your GD with her new friend.

Susan Smith said...

Another busy week & playing with your piemaker. Seems like you are enjoying the Zoom meetings & just love that "pink" hair. My banksia rose is also about to burst open so will send you a photo. My hellebores, magnolia & bulbs have done well this year & I'll have to net the blueberries soon. Have a good weekend zooming, take care & hugs.

Jean McGee said...

Looks like the virtual pink weekend is working well, love the pink hair that keeps popping up. The weather has certainly been changeable and today here in Adelaide is back to winter but the rain is very welcome.
Take care and enjoy having friends around.
Jean ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒบ

kiwikid said...

Lovely to see the pink hair having several outings, alos good to hear lots of zoom meetings are happening. Your pie maker works well! Lovely photo from the family.

ButterZ said...

This was a great catch up too. Love the pink hair showing up all the time. Hope you have raised a bit for BC. Take advantage of the storm and put your feet up. Beautiful Banksia Rose too.

dq said...

It all looks so inviting! I just love the lady in the pink wig and the little lady with her blanket and friends.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jude what a lovely post ,love seeing all the pink,hope you managed to raise money for a good cause. Lovely flowers and how cute is the pic of your grand daughter with her new friend,stay safe my friend and hope you have a lovely day xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Id say the flowers are well deserved.....enjoy them.......