Wednesday 2 September 2020

Customer quilt catch-up

 As promised here is the last few customer quilts that have "gone out the door" recently. I am thankful that people trust me to finish their quilts and I see such a variety of styles and colours. It really is like going to a quilt show every day.

First up we have Helen's Casa Felix Mystery quilt. This was from the South Australia Quilters Guild facebook Mystery project that helped fill in the time of isolation when  travel was restricted, back in March/April.  This was quilted allover with a pattern called Swirls. (My Casa Felix quilt is still in the queue, patiently waiting!)




These cute little geese units were foundation paper pieced, so there were little pieces of fabric that were cut off after sewing the seams........


................and they were not wasted by Helen, as she freemotion stitched them onto the centre square!! Very creative and well done Helen. (Mine ended up in the bin!)



Liz brought me 4 quilts recently, and needed this one asap. She chose an allover pattern called Springthing, which gives the quilt great texture.



This is another of Liz's quilts, and is a Bedford Mystery quilt, and sure used up a lot of fabric pieces from her stash to make the quilt larger. This was also quilted with Springthing.



Suzanne made this picnic quilt for a relative, and it was quilted allover with Spiralling Squares.




Joan made this I Spy quilt for a nephew,...........


.......and found this cute star fabric for the sashes.It was quilted allover with Loopy Stars.


A great piece for the back of the quilt.


Dot made this quilt, called Freshly Picked, at a Pick a Case Mystery quilt here in early March. 



It was quilted allover with a pattern called Feather Flowers.


Lyn made this cute quilt for a new great granddaughter, and it was custom quilted.




This quilt called Lenton Rose is another Pick a Case Mystery quilt, and was made by Pat. It was also custom quilted.





That now gets the customer quilts all shown on the blog, until I get some more quilted. It has been a busy few days, with a lot of admin jobs happening since I returned from my Grandma duties. I am also trying to finish a few projects that need to be posted to Melbourne for a little boy's birthday soon. 

I can't believe we are into September already, and Spring is here. I can see blue sky outside my door today, although with a cold wind. 

September is usually the month when I hold the "In the Pink" retreat as a fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Network Aust (BCNA). With current restrictions I am unable to do things the same, and have some other ideas, so will be back soon to update you all on that.

Have a great day,

Blessings, From Jude

7 comments:

kiwikid said...

So many beautiful quilts and your quilting is beautiful. Do you create the Pick a Case Mystery quilts? The two on your post are lovely. Looking forward to seeing what In the Pink involves.

Janice said...

Such a diverse range of quilts you have been working on. Love your custom quilting. I’m sure all the ladies were thrilled with the results.

Raylene Edwards said...

I’m sure your blog readers enjoy seeing the Quilt Show, & appreciate that we don’t have to leave our homes, nor pay an entrance fee to attend. I love Lenton Rose because I saw it begin as a pattern, then saw it as you chose the colours & cut it up & popped it into a Mystery Case, Then as Pat made it & now with it’s beautiful quilting. A wonderful result 🌻

simplestitches said...

so many lovely quilts...your custom quilting is amazing.

Chookyblue...... said...

the quilts and quilting are all beautiful......love seeing the quilting.......

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jude wow such beautiful eye candy i love all those beautiful quilts and your FMQ is awesome and just complimens the quilts so well,thankyou for showing us these Jude,take care and stay safe xx

Jean McGee said...

Beautiful quilts once again. I had the pink weekend booked in my diary and sadly had to cross it out, but things have certainly changed and we have to adapt . Take care 😀😀