Thursday 4 October 2018

Time for a quilt show...................

I thought I better do a post of newsfromjude today, before another week goes by again. I am sitting here in the chair by the fire, and have decided to "shut the shop" for the rest of the day. 

After the temperature reaching just over 30 deg only 2 days ago, today it has dropped down to 16, and I am feeling the cold again. I finished the big custom, and then did 2 allovers yesterday, and loaded another custom, which will now wait until next week. Today it was time to get some of those other overdue jobs done, which included a car wash, and watering the garden. Things are getting very dry and the rain that we were so blessed with over winter, has suddenly stopped. And I have also been packing my bag for a few days away, and searching the wardrobe for "cocktail attire" for the wedding??

First quilt was made by Jean, with Kaffe Fasset fabrics and custom quilted.






 Erica made this quilt, called Dancing Daisies, in one of the Mystery retreats. It was quilted allover with a pattern called 30's Flower, as the fabrics were 30's prints.



Kerryn made this quilt, and it was quilted allover with a leaf pattern. The wadding was a thick poly that Kerryn had, so the result is very puffy.


This is another quilt made by Kerryn, using a jelly roll. This was quilted with Debs Swirls.


Jenny had a lot of little leftover pieces from another project, and decided to piece them all together and made this table runner. Well done Jenny.


This is another table runner made by Jenny, which was custom quilted.


I quilted angels either side of the gold star, and presents under the trees........


..........................and crosshatched the centre rectangle.


The border pattern has trees with stars in between.



Another small quilt made by Jenny, and quilted with an allover pattern called Cotton Candy.


This pretty quilt made by Lorraine, had some tiny embroidered blocks and was custom quilted.






That's all for now, be back soon.

Blessings, From Jude

4 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

I love to see the details of the quilts when ZOOMING IN. I saw Lorraine’s quilt on Max while you were waiting for it to talk to you - it’s beautiful, as they all are. ⭐️

Jean McGee said...

The quilts are just beautiful and I can't wait to have mine hung on the wall in my family room to enjoy every day, your quilting is amazing Judy, thank you very much. Jean 😀😀

Susan Smith said...

Great update . Thanks & take care.

Susan said...

What fun to see so many beautiful things on your blog. It seems nice to be able to alternate the less intensive all over patterns with the more intense custom quilting. Both look wonderful! If I lived there, I'd send you a quilt to do. =) A fire sounds good, too, though it isn't that cold here, yet. I actually still have the A/C on because of the humidity. =P