Tuesday 23 October 2018

A week's update post.....

Once again another week has disappeared, so I better find something to post about. Life has not been just about quilting, although there have been some finishes. I am trying to really balance life, and this week has been full of that.

In between all of this week's activities I have spent time in the back yard, spreading the load of dirt/compost that was delivered, after weeding, clearing rubbish and digging the ground. I still haven't taken any photos, and should have taken a before shot. I have planted tomatoes, and beetroot, and still have some more seedlings to go in yet.

I spent a day in the kitchen last week, and cooked lots of things to deliver to a family member who has not been well.


On Friday last week, I had a day trip to the Barossa and spent time with family. We had lunch out, and spent the afternoon "window shopping".


This shop has the most amazing display of Christmas decorations, which reminded me that it's not too far away, and perhaps I better start to think about it??



These cute little birds decorated one of the trees.


I have spent quite a bit of time with little piles of fabric, and EQ on the computer, coming up with designs for the next mystery retreat. I now have a few plans to work on, and will start cutting fabrics this week and writing the instructions for them. My mind goes into "overdrive" when I start thinking of what to do with each selection, and yesterday Pat was in and we bounced ideas off each other and made final decisions. I love it that I now have quite a good selection of fabrics here, and I can "shop" in my own house. And when the rep came last week, I found some more fabrics to buy!

Val is working on another Antelope Canyon quilt, and spent the weekend here, where there is more room to spread out, and has made good progress. And I have been blessed to have Raylene here for a few days, and she has been the good fairy, and sewing and sorting for me. Sorry no photos of any of this.

It was the Kaniva Windmill Stitchers quilt show on the weekend and we had a lovely visit over the border, to see this on Sunday after church. I will post photos of this in a separate post.

I have loaded another large custom quilt this week, which will keep me busy for a few days.

There are still quilt photos in the files that I have not shown, so will finish off with a couple of those in this post and be back later in the week with the Kaniva report and any other news.

This was a group quilt, put together by Heather, and quilted allover with a swirly pattern. The texture on this was amazing.



This wool applique quilt was made by Kath, and was custom quilted.





The clock is moving, and I have been sitting here at the desk since just after 5am, and still in my dressing gown, so perhaps it's time to get to the shower and start my day. Raylene leaves today to return home on the train, and Max is turned on ready for some action too.

That's all for now, be back soon.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

Another busy week, great that you managed a lovely day with your family. Home grown veg taste so much better, hope there’s a big crop! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• Love the appliquรฉ quilt.

Jean McGee said...

Good that you had time with your family, they love to have you around them I think, especially the little ones. The quilts are beautiful as usual and the cooking made my mouth water, you are a very generous person looking after others,
Take care, ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€