Tuesday 16 October 2018

A catch up post

Except for some family news, I am conscious of not having reported much newsfromjude lately. When I get text messages from friends checking on whether I am ok, I know that it must be time for a post. And then I need to remember what has happened lately, so it's into the photo files to check.

I did mention that GD1 was coming to visit so that "we" could work on a sewing project. She is just about finished in her final year of High School, and apparently there is a "muck up" day at the end, and for this they reconstruct  their uniforms. Times have certainly changed from when I went to school, and even from when my girls were at school, although I do remember DD3 writing all over her uniform.

GD1 had some ideas about what she wanted done, and also some ideas for plan B if she was not happy with plan A! The first job was to take out the sleeves, and the collar.





The dress is now a skirt, and pinafore style top, and then it was time for Plan B. The sports shirt was chopped, and was made into a sleeveless cami to wear with the skirt. I am glad there was no Plan C, nor the time for it either. It was a special time having her to stay, and we enjoyed lunch out both days. She has returned home to study for her exams, and think about her future after school's out. I can't believe just how quick the years have gone since the arrival of my first grandchild, almost 18 years ago.


Another project I have been working on is in the back yard of my house. This has been a neglected part of my block, back behind the shed where you can't see, with a high fence. I am trying to renovate this area, and preparing the ground for a vegetable patch. Sorry, there are no photos yet. I have a hankering for some "real" tasty home grown tomatoes this year. Watch this space.!

I am also working on more cases that need to be done in the next month, and Saturday I cut the fabric for 5 quilts, and every available space in my studio is taken up with little piles of fabric waiting for inspiration.

Our area has been blessed with rain this week,  my garden is very thankful, and it has made the digging job in the future vegie patch much easier.

Last weekend it was time for a day out, and a car load of us went across the border to check out the Stawell quilt show. It's amazing how quick the journey goes when the car is full of chatter and laughter. I did take a few photos, and will share some, and include the label.





I recognised this quilt, made by Lois, and quilted by me.












 I loved this quilt, which was a lot of fun, with all the shoes and bags.








Marie and Val checking out the challenge quilts........


......and Pat found some bargains to purchase.


All too soon it was time to head home, and we took the opportunity to be tourists, stopping at places along the way. First was the Koala, at Dadswell Bridge, where we enjoyed an icecream.


 Then there was a stop at Green Lake, which was much larger than I expected. I have driven this road many times, and seen the sign, but not actually stopped to see it. Don't know why it's called Green lake??



And then, the sign that said Pink Lake, and it really was pink, as you can see.


I also had a stop at Nhill to pick up a customer quilt on the way home. And then a couple of photos of a pretty garden we saw in bloom.



Of course if you go to a quilt show, you need to support the traders, don't you? These are my purchases.



It's getting late, and time for bed, so I will sign off now and come back another day.

Blessings, From Jude



5 comments:

Sue SA said...

Lois Johnsons Y seam quilt is stunning, what a amazing quilt! Green Lake was THE place to cool off in summer when I was a kid and nobody had air conditioning, but I recall the water was definitely always brown. However in recent years it has been green with algae from time to time and when it is really really dry and contained no water, they have cropped it, so it was green then too!

Michele Hill said...

Love the "new uniform"...very clever!! And glad you had a happy time with the girls across the border x

Raylene Edwards said...

I hope Grandsons don’t have Muck Up Day-that could be a challenge! It looks a great day at the show...A little more BALANCE in your life. 🦋

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I recognize that koala :) And the two lakes... :) Love the way you & your grand daughter re-designed the school uniform!!! xx

Susan said...

It sounds like two lovely times, with your granddaughter and with your friends. Thanks for sharing great quilt pictures and great neighborhood pictures too.