Sunday 3 September 2017

A visit to see my Dad.....

As today was Father's Day, I took a trip to see my Dad. I had told mum I was coming for lunch, but I did get there by mid morning. And it was amazing that with out any planning, 4 of us siblings all were there at the same time! We had a good catch up before the others had to leave.


 My Dad loves fish and chips, so this is what we had for lunch. And it even came wrapped in paper, and not in a cardboard box.


Even though it is September, and spring has arrived, the weather has turned in to winter again. But I was reminded that it is spring with the colour of the yellow canola crops.


And the yellow of the wattle flowers appearing.


This is an area along the highway that was burned over summer a few years ago. It might be about 3 years now, and you can see the regeneration of the mallee trees.


Each time I drive through here I see this bird's nest in the tree. So today I stopped for a photo. I wonder at the tenacity of the bird who built it. It seems so exposed and unprotected. Did it get used, or did the bird decide it was a tad breezy??


I arrived home about 5pm, and soon had the fire burning, and decided that I would spend the rest of the day sitting with my feet up. I enjoyed my day, and the drive up the highway. I have to say though, when travelling on my own, that too much thinking and going back happens. I see the sheep and cattle in the paddocks, the crops growing and remember our farming days.

But, it's time to get back to Max tomorrow, and he needs a spa treatment before I load the quilt in the photo below. I can see lots of diagonal SID in my future.


I did load one of my own quilts yesterday, but it is not finished, so will be unzipped until next weekend. Tomorrow is our local group's patchwork day, followed by a general meeting tomorrow night. Have a great week whatever you have planned, and I shall catch you again later.

Blessings, From Jude

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Sounds like a great day Jude......lots of memories.......birds nest in the most precarious spots....... At least this one looks stable.. .

Raylene Edwards said...

It's a great day when family can gather together to reminisce & share news, followed by fish & chips WRAPPED IN PAPER! I've heard the BINDING FAIRY is making a house call at No. 8 soon, so have your quilts ready. 😉

Susan Smith said...

Sounds like a great family day. All the yellow looks lovely & the wattle over here in Vic is still very cheery too, although today didn't reach any more than 10deg & goodness knows what the windchill factor did for it. Happy quilting for you & binding for Raylene. Say hello to her from me. Have a good week & take care.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Glad you all made it for fish & chips! I'm sure your dad enjoyed it.. love the fields of canola xx