Saturday 26 August 2017

A Catching up Post......

I am sitting in the recliner by the fire, with the laptop on my knee, and preparing to update the newsfromjude. I have spent the day with Max, and he is now switched off, although another quilt is loaded ready for another day. As there is a few things to post, I have divided this post with sub headings.

PINK PARCELS

The "In the Pink" retreat is coming up in September, and we usually hold mini auctions of donated items. This is always a lot of fun, and also a fundraiser for the BCNA, and one way that I can say thankyou for the help I received when I had my treatment for Breast Cancer a few years ago. 

I am very thankful to some very generous people, who have donated items for this retreat. Recent deliveries include the following. Thankyou so much to all who have donated, to this worthy cause.






Looking forward to another fun weekend retreat, and I will be back to report on the results in due course.

BRIDIE

I was blessed again this week to spend another day with Miss Bridie. Their was not much work happening, and it was lovely to spend time in the recliner with her on my knee when she had her day sleep. (Grandma might have had some shut eye time too!?)


When walking out to their car at the end of the day, their was a puddle in the driveway. She stopped,looked at her mum, and was very happy when mum said Yes, you can step in the puddle!!


Bridie and her mum are still in town for another 2 weeks, so I will see her some more yet. Bridie's dad has come for the weekend, and she has not seen him for 2 weeks. Needless to say, she is not letting him out of her sight, and clinging tight.

SPRING IS COMING

One afternoon this week I had to walk around the block to a neighbours house, and on my return, I realised that the sun was out, and a few plants were blooming. I took the following photos. 










I know that around the back, and down the side the gardens, will not be showing much this spring. I have hardly been outside all winter, and need to give these areas some attention.

QUILTING CATCH UP

Once again I notice the buildup of quilt photos to show on the blog. Here are some of those in the files.

This Bedford quilt has been finished by Jocelyn, and quilt allover with Modern Eccentric.



This is Sherrel's recent Mystery quilt, and was quilted allover with  Modern Snails.



Pat commenced this quilt in May and it is now waiting for binding and it will be in our October exhibition. It was quilted allover with a pattern called Zebu.



Another Bedford quilt, this time made by Ann and quilted with an allover pattern. There is nothing like a forthcoming quilt show to bring out lots of ufo's!


A lovely green and white quilt made by Maree, and quilted allover with a pattern called Tracery.



This hexagon quilt made with Kaffe fabrics was quilted allover with Modern Maze.


This is the back view, which shows the pattern better.


 This hexagon quilt was made by Cheryl and was custom quilted. Lots of hand piecing in this quilt.






And another Bedford quilt, made by Ann and quilted allover with Belalie.


This is one of the Pick a Case Mystery quilts made by Raylene, and quilted allover with Exploding Stars.


That's all for now, as the battery of my laptop is running low. Quilt show will be continued later.

Blessings, From Jude

5 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Lovely catchup post & the photos of Bridie, especially splishing in the puddle are so cute. Great roundup of your customer quilting & thanks for naming the allovers too. A couple of the quilts look familiar, ie: mystery quilts. Well done to those for finishing theirs. I'm off to the Mornington Quilt show today. Take care.

Sue SA said...

More lovely quilts and quilting! Such a special time to spend with your "girls" :)

Raylene Edwards said...

Hello Judy

Raylene Edwards said...

Hello again

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Such a lovely show and tell from you today! Your quilting is amazing, as always. Bridie is getting so grown up... love the photo of her with her rain boots taking full advantage of that puddle! (With her baby doll in hand). Precious. Your retreat will be
for such a great cause, wishing you lots of success. Enjoy the change of seasons. Hugs~