Sunday 18 December 2016

Christmas preparations, bird watching etc etc.

Once again I have had a couple of people tell me they are waiting for a blog post, so before another week flies by, I thought I would check in. I still have about 1/3 of a quilt left to finish in the morning, and the other 2 that I had planned to do, will wait until after the big day. It will be all systems go this coming week to get organised for  Christmas. I finally started to do some shopping this week, and I have a young helper here at the moment who is cooking me some yummy goodies. She has even decorated the tree and the house ready for next week.



This silky oak tree is in my neighbors back yard, and has been a hive of activity this week as lots of different birds find the blossoms an attraction. I did take some time to watch the birds and try to photograph them, but it was not easy to get a closeup shot.


You can just see a parrot feeding on the nectar if you look closely.


 I received a delivery this week of my latest blog book. It was rather interesting after I read through the posts from early in the year, and all the plans I had to do then, as a lot of them are still waiting to be done!! Life has a way of getting in the way of good intentions!


A lot of the garden is past it's best since the rain stopped, but my carnations are blooming, and smell so sweet. That water out of the tap, just does not do what the moisture that comes from the sky does.I have enjoyed spending time in the early mornings, trying get it all looking good before Christmas. 


We have had a few lovely "spring" days this week, but tomorrow it will be a summer day again. 😩
The weather forecast for next weekend, looks as though it will be HOT. I guess it is summer, but.....

It will be busy week coming up, with a trip to Naracoorte and Mount Gambier, and also to Adelaide to return GD3. Will be back to check in sometime in the midst of that. Hope your week is a good one.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Wow, some helper, making mince tarts & a gingerbread house. Clever girl. We've noticed that the Silky Oaks are flowering very well this year too. As I write this, our birds are checking out the empty feeder, so will need to fill it once I've finished breakfast. I've been going to ask before, how & where you get your blog yearbook done? Once Christmas is over I'll be in touch. Take care.

Sheila said...

Have a very merry Christmas , great to see you have a " helper"