Sunday 22 May 2016

This and that and this and that......

It has been another full week, and it's time for more newsfromjude. So just a quick catchup is in order, with a few photos as well!

Here are photos of Merridy's quilt, which she picked up yesterday. I think she was happy with how it turned out. Let's just say that the quilt did not come together in the way she thought it would, which is a long story that I won't go into now.



The quilt had very wide borders on the sides and the bottom. The background fabric was a linen.


Thursday evening it was the AGM for our local patchwork group. There had been quite a few apologies before the night, so we were very relieved when enough ladies arrived which gave us our quorum. I have relinquished my job of workshop convenor, and now have the position of Assistant Secretary. Should be a lot less work for awhile as we have a very, very efficient secretary.


 Here is Past President Pat, handing over the position to New President Pat!!


Last year our group held the "Head to the Border" project, and as that finished at our last exhibition, we needed another challenge for the members. It was decided to have a "PHD Project Pledge". We all have unfinished projects in our cupboards, that really need to get done, and this is just the motivation we need. This week, 23 members have signed the Pledge and declared what they hope to finish. Lots of things came out of the cupboards, some that have not seen the light of day for a long time. I shall elaborate more on these in due course. (We thought that a PHD sounded much more intelligent than a UFO!)

This weekend Number 8 was the venue for a member's retreat. There were a few stayers, and a few day trippers, and some that popped in for a cuppa and chat. It was a lovely weekend, such a delight to see people get to know each other better. And the conversation is always interesting, with lots of laughs and life stories shared. Each person brought food to share, which was very yummy, and there was lots of  recipes shared.

Marie is showing us the results of her rust dyeing. Some girls are now searching all over for rusty items!


 The sewing room at lunch time!


The reason for the empty sewing room.


One lady who was so pleased to finish this quilt over the weekend, and doesn't it look great? 


I have to confess that I don't have THAT quilt finished yet, but have done all the intense SID and outlining now, and some of the borders. Mainly the freehand feathers to go now.
There has been some progress on the Mystery Cases, and a few design made. Pat and I have worked on these for the weekend. They need to be finished in 3 weeks! Yikes!

I had an interesting "visitor" one morning this week, when a bird came down the flue of my fireplace!
I don't "do" birds, so that was fun, NOT.

I can hear the rain on the roof, so I hope it brings a decent fall this time. Our farmers and the gardens are in great need of rain.

That's all the newsfromjude for now. I can't believe how time is flying and we are rapidly approaching the month of June.

Time for bed,
Blessings, From Jude












2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Nice to see a post Judy, and boy you have certainly been busy. I think the "large" quilt looks lovely. I always call my unfinished bits, WIPs, and I am trying hard not to start anything new, but get lots of "tops" quilted this year. Well that was going fairly well, until the local quilt shop owner, decided to ask me to finish some of hers (oh dear). I'm off to the Waverly Quilters Show next weekend and will catch up with Naomi. Have a good week and take care.

Sue SA said...

Yikes hope that you had someone handy on speed dial to deal with your feathered friend! I think you might prefer flying geese and quilting feathers to the real thing?