Time for photos of the white quilt that I made in January. It has been a long process, communicating with my client about what she wanted, deciding on fabrics, and ordering them, and waiting for some on backorder. As this lady was not a quilter, or sewer, I was worried about us both being “on the same page” with ideas. It was a bit trickier when it came to the quilting and I knew that she wanted the fabrics to show, and this was more difficult because all the fabrics were different whites. It is a bit like quilting a wholecloth and the quilting being the main feature, and I wanted the quilting to be background. Bit tricky wasn’t it? I knew that the first pattern I started quilting was not right and really took over. So after 6 hours of unpicking we went back to the “drawing board” and I sent her to a website to look at patterns, and where they had photos of quilts quilted with these patterns. As a result of her choices, I quilted Square Dance in the centre of the quilt, and used a chevron pattern in the border.
The quilt was delivered today, and I received a text showing a photo of the quilt on her bed, and saying that she loved it, so now I can relax. The photos below, which I took on my bed, don’t show the fabrics so well, but they do show up better in real life.
I better get back to the machine, as I am almost finished a custom quilt today, with lots of applique. A Noah’s Ark quilt for some lucky child.
I think the eyes are starting to feel better, and as tomorrow is a day of rest, I might just do that and quilting can happen again on Monday.
I will be back tomorrow, with another post of more news that has happened in the last week.
Blessings, From Jude