Wednesday 4 September 2013

In the Pink Retreat

It's almost that time of the year again, when we have the "In the Pink" Retreat at The Sanctuary. Last year was a great success, and lots of fun.

Below is the quilt that was made by some fantastic friends, which is to be raffled. Thankyou so much to the 6 lovely ladies who planned a sewing day, and made the quilt without me knowing a thing! (I almost upset the plot, when I called into my friend's house on my way home from shopping, as they were all inside, sewing in secret, and had hidden their vehicles
 where I would not see them! Thought it was a bit strange when I was met at the door and not invited in.)

Proceeds of the raffle go to the Breast Cancer Network Australia. This is my way of giving back, as I benefited by the support of BCNA when I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2008. I had surgery and follow-up treatment, and have just passed the milestone of 5 years!

The retreat is on from September 20 - 22, so not long to go now.
 I have a lovely group of ladies, and a couple spaces left in the house still. Would love to hear from anyone who is interested.
We are going to wear pink, eat pink, drink pink, and sew pink.

Thanks also must go to those who have donated pink items for the goodie box. All those attending the retreat will be given pink purses, with pink play money, which they will use to bid on these items in mini auctions, which are lots of fun. And we will finish the weekend on the Sunday afternoon with a Pink High Tea, served on my grandmothers best tea set!


I would love to hear from anyone interested in buying
 raffle tickets, at $2 each.
This will be drawn on the Sunday afternoon.

This was the sewing area before the girls arrived last year, and the raffle quilt in the background.
 
And these were all the goodies that were auctioned last year.

 
And the pink ladies from last year, (minus a couple). Don't they look beautiful in their pink?
 
Would love to hear from you,
 
Blessings
From Jude
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Susan Smith said...

What a lovely retreat to have, but I certainly won't be able to make it I'm afraid. Have fun.

Sue SA said...

Sorry I cannot be there, but I would love to buy a raffle ticket, will send you an email with details.

Chookyblue...... said...

the pink retreat sounds like a lot of fun........