Friday 2 November 2012

November quilts

My blog title is November quilts and today is only the 2nd of November, so not too bad I think. Still have lots of quilts to show from October, seems like I have not put up any quilts for awhile, but that doesn’t mean I have not done any.

Below is a quilt made by Susan for a wedding gift. Very pretty.

IMG_5062

Below is Kaye’s quilt, pretty in pinks and greens. And Kaye wanted less quilting, hope I have restrained myself enough!

IMG_5064

And this is a teaser photo for Faye, her Cat in the Hat quilt, quilted with the cat in the hat edge to edge pattern. I had intended to finish this last night, but did not manage to keep my eyes open long enough. So “Max” (my machine) is busy doing the last row while I type this. Hope the thread colour choice is ok Faye, its a grey.

IMG_5074

Yesterday a few of us took a trip to Kaniva, to see a unique collection of “Ag Art”. I am sad that I forgot to take my camera, the work was amazing. Nola Wallis’ collection of wearable outfits all made with ‘stuff’ from the farm. Her imagination is amazing. THe use of washers, shadecloth, bearings, beans, copper wire, tyre valves, plastic, animal bones, string, and heaps of things I cant remember. Threading beans together, with tyre valves attached to each one for a necklace! And bones cut with an angle grinder and joined for a bodice.

Well that’s enough, Max has finished Faye’s quilt, now to get the next one on, am on a mission to churn them out, I have 18 days before I am having some time “off”.

Bye for now,

Blessings, From Jude

3 comments:

Marilyn Popplewell said...

Great quilting, Jude. I love to see your work. You through me for a moment when you said it was Nov. 2nd when it is still Nov. 1st here for me in the USA. Yes, I know I need to keep up with you. Thanks again for letting me enjoy your beautiful quilting. And no you didn't put too much quilting on the second quilt. Blessings.

jfoster8 said...

Hi Jude...tell me more about the cat in the hat pattern...looks great..

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Love those quilts Jude, I especially love the custom quilt. I think you did well, it's a hard thing to not do more. What panto did you use for the 1st quilt?