Sunday 4 November 2012

More October quilts

Have just arrived home after going to church this morning, and then to visit a friend in hospital, and then out for a quick lunch with another friend.

Looking back I have found quite a few October quilting jobs that I have not yet shown. So while I am procrastinating a cleaning and sorting job in my bedroom, I shall spend time sitting at this computer. Shall post more October quilts later in the week.

Below is another school house quilt made by Prue, her grandchildren are receiving these, made in their favourite colours.

IMG_5005

A mystery quilt made by Lyn, with feature dog print in the squares and border.

IMG_5006

Row by row with cats by Teresa.

IMG_5009

Another quilt made by Lyn, quilted with a daisy pattern. I am normally a “blending thread” kind of quilter, so that the piecing shines, and the quilting does not take over, and when Lyn wanted an olive green thread on this I was a bit worried, but I think it turned out OK.

IMG_5011

This quilt was made by Linda for her daughter. Sarah chose the pattern. This was a very large quilt,(114” square), and the cost for custom was rather high, but the pattern fills the large white spaces quite nicely. I was a bit worried about doing this pattern over all that ‘space’, but was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. Sometimes it is good for the customer to take me out of my comfort zone! Seems to be happening a bit lately!

IMG_5014

A custom quilting job for Sue, loved the bears and her applique was beautifully done.

IMG_5019

Just look at the stitching on the shoelaces, it just looks as though you could undo the laces!

IMG_5027

Baskets of Flowers quilt for Jennifer. Lots of SID in this quilt, so hard to see the actual quilting, except in the border.

IMG_5051

Well, better not put off the inevitable and go start sorting. A long overdue job awaits, as my bedroom cupboards need going through, and '”stuff”  needs to be thrown out, so that I can fit what I do wear in the space. Had a busy day with allover quilts yesterday, and have a candlewicked quilt to load tomorrow.

The weather has turned very warm today, with a hot wind blowing. The garden will need a good water tonight, but the temps should go from 34 back to 24 in a couple days. I am not looking forward to summer, the heat and I don’t get on very well.

Enjoy your day, whatever you are doing,

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Michele Hill said...

What a busy girl you have been Jude! lovely to hear from you....enjoy the Adelaide quilt show xx

Marilyn Popplewell said...

Great quilts and quilting, Jude. I'm like you I don't like my thread to compete with the quilt top, but I am seeing more and more quilts with thread that is high contrast. I guess things evolve in the contrast of thread. Blessings.