Saturday, 29 August 2026

Still catching up on blog posts.................July 2026

 Well, here I am at July with my catching up blog posts!! Almost there!! I pulled out a lot of the blog books I have had printed since 2011, and started reading them again.....which led to my decision to catchup with newsfromjude.....it has been quite a process going back more than 12 months....it's been lovely to read the books and remember it all again, and to catchup with the travel posts.....


Time has been spent in the kitchen, restocking the freezer with meals, including soup and sausage rolls, which some of the extended family enjoy too..............




GD3 enjoyed a birthday in July............

    
                            ............as well as Miss Bridie, who turned 11!! How did that happen?


 I quilted this quilt for Helen last year, and she entered it into the SA Quilters guild Festival of Quilts in Adelaide in July, and was pleased to win a 3rd prize........well done Helen, its a lovely quilt...........


My green ribbon arrived in the post one day...........


After a gap of many months, I did enjoy some time at the machine piecing this quilt......found a few leftover blocks from another project......needed to make a few more blocks and add borders and it is now quilted and in use...................



..............and then I found a few disappearing 4 patch blocks all made, so stitched them together and added borders, and here is another top......which is waiting patiently on the machine for quilting...........


DD3 and family visited mum recently and the kids enjoyed doing craft with mum............


I have been going through the dark depths of my sewing room, and found a few unfinished projects, this being one of them...........It just needs some stitching on the applique, all the piecing is done, the threads are with it, and the backing and the wadding..........if you would be interested in finishing this for your use, I would love to hear from you...........but, wait, there is more.....will post another day.....


That's all for the month of July, will be back soon with August update, and that will mean I'm caught up, and will then need to keep up won't I???

Blessings, From Jude and Baz







No comments: