Tuesday, 1 September 2026

Still catching up on blog posts.................August 2026

                                Here are the 2 books I have ordered in my catchup mode.............July to December 2024, and all of 2025 in one book. I am very happy with this company. And I will probably be able to get all of 2026 in another book, as there are not so many quilt photos, and no retreat posts either. Life has changed.....You can see on the left of the photo, with an older book just in the photo, that they are slightly longer than the previous books.

                                   

I have been very slack over the last couple of years, with not backing up photos and other files on the computer, so was very alarmed when I got this message one morning!!!

                                 

                                 

I am very thankful that it eventually did start up and has been ok since. And I have now backed up the files I needed to, but it did give me a scare. The photo files run into millions as I have taken photos of every quilt that I have done, in fact, more than one photo!! I am trying to go back and delete a lot of those that I no longer need, but it's a slow process. 

 In other August news, Barry had another birthday and there was a morning tea at work for him..............

                                                         

We had a couple of trees in the yard, (I think they are Kurrajong??) that were very messy, they dropped their big seed pods and when they got wet, were carried into the house on people's shoes.....and when we parked the van in the driveway, they fell on the roof and made a sticky mess....... so a decision was made to get the tree man in to deal with them.......and he trimmed some other trees as well.........

                                                               

                                                 

                             

                                                                           

...............and this is what one of them looks like now..........won't be dropping any pods for awhile now!! But it does look a bit sparse at the moment until it shoots out some leaves.......

                             

I have managed to do a few customer quilts..........




We had a trip to the city one day and took Barry's brother and his wife with us.........and then called in to see Mum on the way home...........


Barry was gifted a flight for his birthday..............so we arrived at the local air field..............

                                   

                  .............and flew over Bordertown...........and out north over the Carter farm............

                           

                                 

......it was a good time of the year to see from above........with the canola crops all looking pretty and yellow...........in contrast to the green paddocks.........like a patchwork quilt??

                                    

.............and then to the coast and over Kingston and Cape Jaffa........

                                

                                       

                                                     ..........and back to the airfield again. An amazing experience.
                                                                                                                      

That's about it for now.........I am now up to date with newsfromjude til the 3rd week of August. We are now 6 days into another trip, which I will do in a separate post.

Blessings, From Jude




No comments: