Tuesday 4 April 2023

Last week............

....... was spent in the company of 2 lovely friends who have been coming to Number 8 retreats for quite a few years now. They arrived Tuesday afternoon and stayed until Friday and it was a very productive time.

They have both been here for a few Mystery and UFO retreats and Maxine had some quilts started here that had not been finished. She was planning to get them done while she was here. She remembered 2 of the quilts that she made, but not the third one. I remembered it, and had been waiting to see it finished. So there was a big search in her dark depths before she came....I sent her a pic of the missing quilt.... and she still couldn't remember it!!


...........but eventually a thorough search found this, still in it's case!!


She had made a good start on the blocks in the centre of the quilt, and soon had this together.........


A start was made on the piano key borders, and I forgot to take a progress pic of that. It is a very pretty quilt.
Maxine had another quilt that had a deadline, so Blossom Bliss was put back into it's case, still not finished, so I will have to wait for next time!!

This quilt (Sunrise), was another that was already a top, just waiting to be quilted....


...and so it was loaded onto Max and soon was done.




This black and white tumbler quilt needed to be finished soon, and still needed it's borders attached.


And then this was loaded onto Max and quilted. This is for her granddaughter.




This was another project that needed to finished and is a sample for a demo on how to do this binding, which looks like it has a peeper, but is done in one step.



We went out one evening for our meal and then had visitors another night. Maxine and Pat have discovered that they both went to the same primary school!! It's a small world.


Dot worked steadily on this quilt which is a gift for a family member. There is an amazing collection of black and white fabrics in this quilt. It was sashed with a teal colour as the recipient is a Port Power football follower. (Black and white seemed to be the theme last week).




The final finish late the night before they were leaving, so quilting would have to wait.


In between working on Max, I had some stitching time....... I had lots of 4"finished HST units already cut in the drawer, and there is a special project coming up soon with this pattern, so I had a play. 1 block made, and pieces for another 3 blocks in a kit for later.


There are quite a few QFO quilts waiting in the wings for binding, and I made the bindings for 5 quilts.


After I made Tate's quilt last year, there were blocks left so I could make another the same for Jett. I pulled them out of the tub. Sad to say, they went back after their little airing, for another day, as I need more thinking time than I had available that day.


I needed to think about kitting up some other projects for a sewing session coming up soon. I have watched a friend making disappearing 4 patch quilts, so decided I would try one. I have used the Story Time range of fabrics and cut a quilt. I had to sew one block.


I currently have another range of fabrics being cut for a D4P quilt too.
Not sure how many kits I will get through in a few sewing days, but if I run out of time, I might grab one of my Ready, Set &Sew packs to take?? The excitement is building. Stay tuned!

Thanks Maxine and Dot for coming to spend time at Number 8. I enjoyed my stitching time and catching up with you both. 

Be back with another post soon.

Blessings, From Jude









6 comments:

ButterZ said...

I love seeing all the projects you and your visitors are working on.

loulee said...

Looks like a fun time with lots going on and lots of quilts to admire.

Susan Smith said...

Busy bees all of you & well done. Enjoy an Easter break? Take care & hugs.

Maria said...

Always fun to see what your ladies get made at Number 8.

Susan said...

What a variety of quilts being put together and quilted. Sounds like a perfect "Retreat" - wish I lived closer!

Good to see your Moda Love in a variety of fabrics - Makes me hopeful that mine will be "nice".

Catch you soon....5 sleeps til I leave.

kiwikid said...

Your visitors were very productive Jude, so many lovely quilts and blocks.