Saturday 1 April 2023

Catching up again..................

 It seems that the calendar turned over to April this morning, so perhaps I need to update the newsfromjude for March. I have posted of a few birthdays, as well as a catchup on customer quilts and also a post about my neighbour Nic. In amongst all of that I have spent a lot of time with Max in March, and managed to get through about 24 quilts!! Not too bad after no quilting for February? So what else did happen in March??

There was a knock at the door one afternoon and the visitor was Judy, the virtual quilter who lived in Bordertown a few years ago and is a former member of our patchwork group. It was a coincidence that Pat was also visiting and then Helen called in as well. Judy is the EQ queen and posts a virtual quilt design everyday on her blog. She now lives in a northern town and even the same street, that I used to live in when I was first married.


Another visitor one day while she was waiting for her car to be serviced.


Some very special friends came for afternoon tea one day to celebrate a birthday. We have a history together that goes back over many years and I treasure it.


I started sorting out clothes in my wardrobe, and threw them all on the bed. It's not my favourite job, and I hate trying on clothes, so I confess that some went back, to be done 'another day'. (But it is good to discard some trousers that are too loose.)


The garden continues to produce, although the strawberries are not bearing now......


.....but the zuchinni just grow overnight!! I have spiralized many and frozen them, and given many to friends..........


.....and then I came across a recipe for zuchinni chips, so tried that out......... and was very happy with the outcome......... in fact the oven has another 4 trays in process at the moment. A nice healthy, munchy snack that has no nasty's in it.


I have managed to read 2 books recently, which I enjoyed..................


There was another zoom session with Chooky and friends, which are always enjoyable. Hoping to meet a few of these girls soon.... stay tuned for that.
    

It was lovely to have a visit from this special lady one Saturday. We enjoyed a day of sewing and chatter. Had to take a photo for the files, but have to say I am not very good at these selfie pics!!


Pat called in later to say hi and catchup and so here is another attempt at a selfie.


Faye was stitching some Bedford quilts and I spent time with "Dear William", and can now say I have finished all the applique!! Then there was much discussion about the next steps..... sashing or no sashing......and the colour to use in the borders.......and the placement of each block?? I did purchase this quilt as a kit, but have to say I have changed out quite a few of the fabrics and sold off the border fabric in the kit. I have also left out a lot of the applique in the blocks...... so it will be quite different to the original quilt, designed by Michele Hill. Stay tuned for the progress on this, which I hope will not be too far away.


Perhaps the reason I managed to get so many quilts done for March was the fact that my car was out of action?? I did have the loan of a car from a friend, and I am very thankful for that. I did not venture out of town though. I was very happy to receive a phone call one morning to tell me that mine was ready to be picked up. It came home all clean and polished, and looked like a new car again!! After a week in the carport again, the dust has accumulated though.


Val was worried about me meeting up with another kangaroo, so yesterday she came in with these for my car. They have now been installed, so hoping they work!??? I am heading up the highway again tomorrow?


The last week has been spent in the company of 2 friends who came to spend time here at number 8. I will save this news for another post soon. I need to email the latest patchwork newsletter to the group members now, and then I might have an early night as we 'lose' an hour of sleep due to changing the clocks for end of daylight saving. There will be no sleepin to make up for that as I need to be on the road early tomorrow.
EDIT: It seems I am rather confused, about this time thing, I might have put the clock the wrong way!?? Think I was supposed to get an extra hour sleep??


  Be back soon...............

Blessings, From Jude




6 comments:

Janice said...

It’s been rather social at your house with so many popping in. The Michell Hill quilt will be lovely. I’m so pleased that your car is back. That must be a great relief.

ButterZ said...

Lotsoof catch-ups for you. Great progress too. Your dear William is lovely.
Thanks for the early morning chat.

kiwikid said...

Lovely to have friends drop in Jude and spend timer with you. Good to read your car is fixed and the quilt looks stunning.

Karen's Korner said...

You and Max have certainly been busy. Your place sounds like the door is always open- a lovely way to be. So nice to have your own "wheels" back. Hope the new gadget does as it claims. Safe travels.

Susan Smith said...

Lovely catchup & you've sure been busy with both Max & friends. The veg seem to have been good unlike here with such up & down weather & now rabbits too coming in droves because of all the new estates. Have a great April, take care & hugs.

Raylene Edwards said...

What a busy life you lead. Most entertaining while having a coffee after a big shop-up. I need to zoom on all the photos, so I had a cake as well. 😊