Friday 10 February 2023

Catching up.............

Where does time go?? So much has happened since my last post about the visit by DD3 and family to Grandma's House. I was about to post a report on the first retreat for the 21st celebrations and realised that I should first update the happenings since family went home.

Firstly I would like to apologise for being very tardy in replying to blog comments and also very behind in reading blogs. Hopefully I can catch up with all your news soon. (I did enjoy a quick check in one morning when Chooky had an impromptu zoom meeting.)

There were a couple of trips up the highway to appointments. I was the passenger for one trip so I was able to take a couple of photos as we were travelling over the Swanport Bridge. This is a view that I probably won't see again in my lifetime. This area is normally grazing land, but the water has broken through the levee and it is now flooded. Even though the peak has been reached, I expect it will take a long time for the water to drain back into the river and come into production again.

This is a photo of the actual river, and the water is flowing quite fast and is very brown colour.


We had another QFO day........



.....and much was achieved.




There has also been a lot of activity in the 'cleaning' department in preparation for the celebrations. Probably a good thing to get me motivated, there's something about a deadline and people coming to your house??
The windows were cleaned, and no, I didn't do this myself, but paid a window cleaner. I have a few issues with my right shoulder and put this job into the 'too hard basket'.


As I have 3 retreats one after the other, I thought I better check the linen cupboard to see if there was enough if the weather turned wet and towels did not dry. It was a bit of a mess so took it all out, and refolded and even gave them a soak in bleach and washed to make them all look "new" again......


....and now the cupboard is all neat again!


There has been more cutting and packing, and as the folding and packing queen was not here, I had to do it myself. (I hope she gives me the tick of approval??)


The shelves are now getting pretty full, and I am in the process of loading all of this onto the For Sale Pages of my blog. For the rest of February 21% of sales will be donated to the BCNA.

                               

The For Sale pages will be active from the 14th February, so keep an eye out for this. I look forward to hearing from you if you wish to purchase product.

That's all for now, will be back with a report on the first retreat to celebrate 21 years. The second retreat is underway now, and the next room has the hum of sewing machines and lots of chatter!!

Blessings, From Jude


6 comments:

Janice said...

It sounds like a hive of activity at your place. Everything will be spick and span and organised for your guests.

cityquilter grace said...

ooh lovelies going up for sale...too bad postage to US is prohibitive...

Maria said...

You’ve been keep very busy with getting everything ready for the retreats.
Lots lovely bundles and fabrics in the cupboard..

ButterZ said...

And we are having so much fun

Susan Smith said...

Busy, busy as usual. Hope the retreat is going well. We'd thought of popping by, but won't be over in Western Victoria till after the 17th. Take care & hugs.

Chookyblue...... said...

Always great motivation to get thing done having visitors........