Thursday 28 May 2020

Tis Thursday already.......

I don't know how the weeks are speeding along so fast, when I am not even going anywhere much and lots of activities are on hold??? Not much has happened with Max this week on the quilting front. That quilt that I showed you has had no progress at all.

DS and DIL were in town last weekend, and visited for a couple of hours, which was special as I had not seen them since February. As it has also been some weeks since I have had any visitors into my house, I decided that a "bit" of housecleaning was needed. Out came the duster, and surfaces were cleaned, and floors were washed. All was going well, and things were looking much better. It is probably good that there was no video cameras in action, because it was soon after that I came unstuck, when I slipped on the still wet kitchen floor. Not a pretty sight, but I am very thankful that I don't have brittle bones, and there is plenty of padding where I needed it. As a result I am having a week off of the quilting, and doing a lot of sitting around on many cushions, with some medication. All should be well soon. And there won't be any serious house cleaning happening here any time soon.

Due to some of the restrictions being lifted, we were able to meet face to face, with social distancing, for KYB studies this week. It was very special for us to meet again after more than 2 months keeping in touch by emails and phone calls. 

Some of my time this week has been spent cutting more kits as I said in my last post. Standing and cutting has been easier than the sitting part. Here you can see that "my fairy" is here to help organise me, and it is lovely to have company again.


It has also been fun keeping up with Rachelle's Mystery quilt this week. The kit that I donated was auctioned and raised $160. More than $10,000 has been raised so far for Backpacks4kids, which is an amazing result.

Today I managed to cut my fabrics for this Mystery and here are my pieces, all ready for tomorrow's instructions. I shall keep you up to date with my progress. I know I still have not finished the grandies quilts, but just feel like a break from the applique for awhile.(I hope I can sit ok to sew at the machine.)


Thankyou to those who have visited my blog this week, and for those who have purchased from my "For Sale" page.

Time to finish for the day, so that I am ready at 9.30 in the morning for first part of the mystery.

Be back soon,

Blessings, From Jude

4 comments:

Michele Hill said...

Oh Jude.....I am so sorry to read of your 'mishap'....golly gosh do take care! Glad your kits are selling too x

Susan Smith said...

Hope the soreness wares off soon & you feel more comfortable. Having someone visit must have been exciting & we got to see DD & family on the 1st Saturday of the easing of restrictions & was good as we'd not seen them since early February. Good to hear your sale is going well. Fires on again tonight. Take care, stay safe & hugs.

Raylene Edwards said...

This fairy was so happy to take flight & wing her way to No. 8. I do enjoy seeing the productivity of Cornerstone Quilts & being able to sort, stack & pack the wonderful fabrics here. Thankfully with restrictions easing & enough room here for social distancing, I can help after that nasty ‘Mishap’. Remember ‘ Steady as She Goes’ 😉

Sue SA said...

Ouch, glad to hear no serious damage, but sounds painful and hope that you heal quickly. Glad your able to go back to doing some of the things you enjoy now restrictions have lifted. Having family and friends visit is so important and I will never underestimate it again!