Wednesday 6 May 2020

Family............


I have been saving these photos, that are all "borrowed" from the family as I haven't been able to see them all in person. They need to go into a blog post for the records and my book that will be published at end of June. Gosh, did I say end of June?? It is already May, how did that happen?

This morning I did the washing, and hung it on the "line" inside by the fire which is burning nicely. I filled up the wood box outside the door, and even cleaned up the kitchen and put things away. In this time of "slowdown" I often take "awhile" to get out to the work room and turn on Max. By the time I did that this morning, decided what pattern to put on the quilt, turned the machine on and was pinning the top, the power went out!!! The room was in semi darkness and Max was off. Checked on my phone with the power company, and received a text that it was "out" in our town until 4.30 this afternoon.

Big decisions, what shall I do without power?? Dull and gloomy outside, so not a lot of light. That fire is sounding nice, with a good book and my LED portable light?? I can't sew applique, but I could do some more tracing and choosing fabrics? I could go out in the garden and weed? Probably should go for a walk and get some exercise? But, I do have battery backup on my laptop, and a plugin internet I could use. So I decided to download these photos and do a blog post instead.

DD1's family, playing games and cooking while at home.................



DD2's family live near a bike track and regularly went for rides together........


   DD2 enjoying a treat with GD1.......and don't they look more like sisters than mother and daughter?


Time at home has also meant a few trips for medical attention as this guy injured his hand..............


...........and this one broke a toe!!


The family of DD3 are also growing up fast, and Miss Billie is a real chatter box now. They have been out for a few walks close to home and no where else.


Mr Jett has reached the 7 month milestone, which means that the one year old birthday is fast approaching. A visit does not look like happening anytime soon as the state border between us is firmly shut for now. He might be walking before I see him again. It is almost 3 months since I have had grandma cuddles with any of the grandies.


This photo shows Mr Jett at 7 months, and his mum at 12 months.
 Not hard to tell whose child he is, is it?


Miss Bridie was enjoying an icecream in one of the cones that I sent in an Easter parcel with a few pantry items that was surplus to my needs....................


..................some of her time has been spent doing jigsaw puzzles......................


and this little man is growing up so fast, and I have received videos of him walking since this photo.


I am so very thankful for modern devices that enable me to video chat with all these people, and to watch them growing, and for them to remember who Grandma is, even though it is from a distance.

That's all for today, the power has been turned back on, so I better get back to Max.

Blessings, From Jude












2 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

That’s a lovely family catch-up. It’s surprising how quickly time passes, even in our slow-down situation. Even better is the technology of record keeping to allow us the chance to look back & see some Remember Moments. 🌻

Susan Smith said...

Lovely photos of your family and I'm missing my lot too. They are certainly all growing up fast. Take care, stay safe and huggles.