Sunday 29 December 2019

Last quilts for 2019.........

As there are not many days left for 2019, I better finish posting pics of the last few customer quilts that are still in the files, and then I can start afresh in 2020. Wow, 2020!!

This quilt, called Cornflowers Blue, was made by Erica in a recent Mystery retreat and has been quilted allover with a pattern called A tisket, a tasket.




This is another made by Erica, for a child, and it has been quilted allover with a pattern called Dick, Jane and Dora.




I did post a glimpse of this quilt awhile ago, showing the excess in the border, which miraculously disappeared with the piano key border.



Good use was made of many sewing machine decorative stitches on the leaves and the flowers in the blocks, although they don't show up so well in these photos. Should have taken close up pictures.



This quilt, called Ink Blossom, (after the range of fabrics used), was made by Sherrel in a mystery retreat, and quilted allover with a Daisy pattern.




Kaye made this quilt as a gift for her son, and is her original design. She just wanted straight line quilting. You won't find any curves in the quilting, but I did vary the "straight lines" somewhat.






Going back in the files, I see that I posted a photo of this quilt when I had loaded it on Max. I had started the quilting, and had to take it off to get some deadlines done, and never posted the finish pics.
This is a Jacqueline De Jonge designed pattern, made by Dyanne. I did think about counting the triangles in the quilt, but decided it was better not knowing how many there were! If you click on the photo, you will be able to see the quilting better.









That's all the quilt photos for 2019, and I am sure there will be some more in 2020. I hope to be back in action with Max tomorrow, after some time "off" over the Christmas break. Max has had some serious repair work done this week, so I am hoping that he will behave for me now. All the computer towers in the studio have been cleaned out, and 2 fans replaced. I was told that they were well overdue for a clean, and I was close to having a serious problem with overheating. The temperature is supposed to reach 43 tomorrow, so time in front of the airconditioner will be a good idea.

There is some serious decluttering and sorting happening in the studio at the moment, and I can't wait to feel more organised. I have also done some long overdue backing up of computer files, and have not finished that job yet. The watering of the garden is taking some keeping up with in this heat, but am thankful that we have water.

Hope to be back with one more post before the end of the year. Stay cool.

Blessings, from Jude

4 comments:

Sue SA said...

More beautiful quilting on beautiful quilts! I too am thankful we have plenty of water, makes dealing with this heat easier. I have lost a lot of my veggie garden, but the rest is OK - but not sure its going to survive until February if this pattern of above average and severe fire ban days is going to continue!

Raylene Edwards said...

I’ve enjoyed all the quilt shows for 2019, how many quilts were there, I bet you know. And thanks to a fairy or two, Max has made a speedy? & successful? recovery, so it will be ‘On With The Show’’ in 2020. Make it a Doozy 💕

Cindy Brick said...

Oh my, you did a nice job on the quilting for these pieces! Especially the floral applique...

Jacqueline, I hope, gives some credit to Judy Mathieson...because that quilt uses many of Judy's style keys, including color and triangle settings.

I am soooo looking forward to getting the heck out of Dodge -- we leave New Year's Eve for London, and will stay some days there before taking the world cruise Jan. 6 out of Essex. Will let you know when we stop in Australia. Any chance we could possibly meet up? We're landing a couple of places, and I think one is close to you. Will double-check if you're interested. Write me at cindyjbrick@gmail.com

Happy 2020 to you, friend.

Cindy Brick said...

Oh my, you did a nice job on the quilting for these pieces! Especially the floral applique...

Jacqueline, I hope, gives some credit to Judy Mathieson...because that quilt uses many of Judy's style keys, including color and triangle settings.

I am soooo looking forward to getting the heck out of Dodge -- we leave New Year's Eve for London, and will stay some days there before taking the world cruise Jan. 6 out of Essex. Will let you know when we stop in Australia. Any chance we could possibly meet up? We're landing a couple of places, and I think one is close to you. Will double-check if you're interested. Write me at cindyjbrick@gmail.com

Happy 2020 to you, friend.