Sunday 15 December 2019

Back again!!

I better get to writing this post tonight, even though it is well past MY bedtime, as if it doesn't happen now, it might be another week. I do have to confess that I had a 2 hour nanna nap this afternoon, so that makes it easier to still be up. I thought I might sit in the chair for a half hour, and woke up 2 hours later!! Well, it is a day of rest isn't it?

I mentioned that I am on a mission to get a few jobs done before the end of the year, so that I can have some time off, and I am starting to feel like I am winning. Hopefully, January will be for me. Although I have a lot of plans for that time, and if I can cross some of them off my "to do" list, I will be very happy. Sometimes the stress is more for the jobs that don't get done, than all the things that do. Hope that statement makes some sort of sense??

Since my last update, Pat and I went up the highway to attend the QGSA Appraisal Panel December meeting, which included a Christmas lunch for our final day for the year. Even though it is usually a big day of travel, with 6 hours of driving, we always have a good day. The time disappears quickly as we talk about lots of things during the trip. In fact, I was a bit worried that day about my memory, as I had stated that I was going to stop for fuel at Tintinara on the way up, and the next thing was Pat telling me that the next town looked like it was Coonalpyn!!?? I can't say that I recall driving through Tintinara at all, so hope I slowed to the speed limit! Must have been a good bit of conversation about that time??

On the way home from the city, we stopped in Murray Bridge to catch up with Mum at home, and then Dad at the nursing home. Mum was celebrating her 88th birthday the next day, and here is a photo with Pat.


I have had a bit of sewing time, and posted in the last post about the whoopsie when putting that quilt together. I finally had the centre of the top in 2 halves, and stitched the seam and laid it out for a photo. Another whoopsie!! It's just as well I am on good terms with my unpicker.


Now this photo shows after I had sewn one border unit and pinned it beside the top. My progress to date has been to sew all 4 border units, and stitch them to the sides and now they are waiting for me to find time to mitre the corners! That will be fun as each border section is made up of 5 strips, so that means I have to match all the colour joins on the corners. Perhaps I should have just added each colour separately? I will let you know when I have finished that process.


Once again, my garden has put on a show in spite of neglect. This is the view from the street side of the house, and is stunning this year. I have to admit to finding it hard to keep it controlled, and it has very mean thorns and is growing up into the trees alongside. It was planted as a screen before I had the fence erected, so I am considering having it taken out??


And in another part of the garden this cactus bloomed.


The proceeds from our group's raffle quilt was donated to the local Hospital Ladies Auxiliary and some of our members and the hospital ladies gathered at the hospital this week for the presentation of a cheque for $2000 to them.


The Angels group met here on Thursday for the last day of this year, and much was achieved.


I have been in contact with relatives on my husband's side in an effort to obtain information about his ancestors, to add to the story of my life that I am writing. I hope to continue with this in January, and received some photos this week from his auntie. The girl in the centre is his grandmother (Linda Stone), in her youth.


I received this blog book in the mail this week. I had ordered it during the Black Friday sales in the US, and here it is, printed and posted and arriving just over 2 weeks later from overseas. And I might mention that I am waiting for a parcel from Melbourne that was posted not much later than this, and is still not here!! (End of rant for the day.)


A car load of us took time out from "duties" yesterday to journey to Frances for a coffee and some strawberries. It was a delightful interlude, in the midst of this busy season, and we enjoyed some lovely weather before the heat that is expected this week.


In case you can't read it, the wording is Frances, and there is a strawberry on the coffee.


It was a very busy shop, as lots of people had the same idea as us.


Very innovative use of an old ladder.


The strawberries are all grown off up off the ground, so that would make picking much easier. They are hydroponically grown with fertilised water from very large tanks.


This poor Santa was by the barbecue at the entrance to the farm, and we were not sure if he had too many strawberries, or perhaps he had indulged in another substance, but he did look a bit the worse for wear!


 Of course these had to come home with me, and I can say, they are delicious!


That's about enough for this post, and I know I have a lot of quilt photos that have not been shown yet. I do want to get these up before the end of the month, so that they will be in the next blog book. Then I will be able to start  fresh for 2020!?

I have made a start this weekend on Christmas preparations, and written some cards. I have even thought about the gift list and need to seriously do something about that this week. 

Time for bed, I need to get into the garden first thing in the morning, and put out some more mulch on the tomatoes before the heat. I spent 2 hours out this morning before it was church time, and the further I look, the more I see that needs doing. The weather is forecast to reach 46 deg by Friday, after 4 days over 40, but I am hoping "they" are wrong. 

Blessings, From Jude




1 comment:

Raylene Edwards said...

You have certainly been very busy these last 10days. You have achieved a great deal, so good to see your relaxing visit to the Strawberry Farm with 3 dear friends. Hope the To Do list gets a few more ticks this week.🍓