Thursday 5 December 2019

Another week has gone..................

...............and again I am struggling to work out just what I did in the last week. The photo files are not much good, as I haven't taken too many of those to prompt my memory.

This post will be brief  shorter, as I need an early night and some "beauty" sleep before a big day tomorrow.

These are the fabrics that "might" have been left at my house last week, after the rep called by? My mind is already thinking about what might be designed with them. I have until March, to design, and cut, the next lot of cases for a Mystery Retreat, and that won't take long to go. I have made up a 2020 schedule, which will be posted on to the Scheduled Retreats page of this blog, very soon.


I spent some time last week in the kitchen cooking a few things, including biscuits for family and some cakes to go to Melbourne. The cakes did eventually get some icing on them, and I duly received a photo from DD3 of Miss Billie eating one, well mainly the icing! Friday evening, DD1 and family arrived to spend the night, on their way to visit with DD3 and family. They returned again on Monday on their way home.


Saturday afternoon I spent some time at the sewing machine working on this quilt for a friend. It is an "ongoing" project, as I cut this out months ago! (Perhaps I should go back through the blog and work out when??) This was my progress at the end of Saturday, and I duly pressed it and hung it up for a photo, and as soon as I saw the picture, I said, Ahhhhh! Just a little bit of unpicking to happen, I think. This is only a quarter of the centre, so still awhile to go yet. Val was here this morning and saw it laid out on the table, ready to be unpicked, and said, "Are you still working on that? I thought you had finished it months ago!?" And being the good fairy that she is, she sat down and unpicked and resewed the offending bit for me.


I had the company of these 2 ladies for the afternoon, and they achieved much. Between the sewing, and sorting, there was some cutting happening, trying to tame the scraps again. This photo must have been taken just before the Go Cutter "stopped" cutting. Whoopsie, the handle won't turn??


After a lot of searching online concerning Go Cutter problems, we did not hold out much hope for repairs. Perhaps we could take it apart ourselves?? But the right tools were not in my house to get it apart. No worries, said Ruth, I shall take it home for the handyman in my house to look at. He did not have the correct one there either, but knew where he could get one.

And it wasn't long before I received this photo, and a diagnosis of the problem!


It needs a new bearing, so the challenge is on to see if he can find one. I will update you on further progress, if there is any. I did find out that this cutter is 10 years old, and perhaps doesn't "owe" me much anymore. And with all those "Black Friday" sales that happened last week, the timing was good to order a replacement. If this one can be fixed, then there will be 2, otherwise there might be spare parts in my shed, for next time.

After church on Sunday, it was our groups Christmas lunch at the Frances Hotel. (Sorry for the blurry photos.)




We all took a wrapped fat quarter to exchange, and here are Marie and Rosie holding up theirs.


Following the lunch we called into the Strawberry Farm, but due to the unseasonally cool weather, there were no strawberries for sale. After some warm weather, the might be a trip to buy some.

But, the news of the week is that I picked ONE strawberry in my garden, the first of the season. There are only a few plants, so I don't expect to get enough for a meal.


 This week has been spent with Max, finishing some more quilts, that I shall update you with in due course. I also fitted in a visit to Keith for a dentist checkup and the car to the repairer for a new water pump.

Blessings,
From Jude




3 comments:

Sue SA said...

I was living in fear that my Go cutter might too break down, til you mentioned it was 10 years old! Mine hasnt done the same mileage as yours, lots and lots of kits produced over that time I am sure. I hope they can find a bearing to fit....lets hope its the same size as one in a bit of farm equipment, then the local Case dealer is sure to have one!

Michele Hill said...

Happy Christmas to all those smiling Gumtree Quilters! x

Raylene Edwards said...

A similar account of your blog 3 episodes ago - of Fabric, Family, Friends a Fairy & a Failure ?? or a Fix....of the Go Cutter!! To be continued, I hope 🤞