Monday 3 June 2019

Happy Birthday to my Dad!

 Today is the 87th birthday of my dad. Just a few photos that were taken yesterday when some of the family gathered at the home of my niece to celebrate with him. You can see the "little ones" were happy to see the candles on the cake. (I don't think there were 87 candles though!) Dad, I hope you have had great celebrations, and enjoyed the cake.

(It's hard to see your once strong, fit and able father growing old, and I am so fortunate and thankful to still have my parents.)





Yesterday was also a special family day with the addition of another family member. My nephew and his wife welcomed their first baby, a son, which makes a total of 15 great grandchildren for my parents.

I did not go up yesterday as I had been up on Friday to see Dad, do some shopping, and also visit the Barossa and the family there. I needed to sort out some issues that I was having with my mobile phone, so had to go when the shops were open. I now have another learning curve, trying to work out the new one I have. They are getting to be too clever in the things that they do, and I certainly won't be using even half of it.

Today has been a day of this and that. Time with Max, working on another custom show quilt. A visit from the plumber to unblock some drains. Lots of phone calls planning quilt deliveries and pick ups. Some cooking in preparation for the retreat, and also for a family who has lost their mother this week. A few callers, including my checking lady who counted some more cases. And once again, I have the laptop on my knee, and sitting beside the fire and writing newsfromjude.

Now I need to search for some patterns that will work with the quilt I am doing. Sorry, no photos, until after the show. This is the 5th show quilt I have done recently, so there will be a few more pictures later.

Blessings, From Jude




1 comment:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy birthday to your Dad! I, like you, continue to celebrate having my parents in fairly good health and enjoy spending time with them when I am able; it is a blessing!