Sunday 2 June 2019

Checking in again!!

And again it has been more than a week since a post. If I don't get it done tonight, it might be that another week goes by, so here I sit in front of the fire, and trying to work out just what newsfromjude there is to report on. Even looking back into the photo files doesn't help me much this time, as I have hardly taken any photos, which is quite unusual for me. It is not that nothing has happened, but more because so much has happened.

In my last post I did mention that we had been on a trip (my first one for 2 months!!) and I would be back soon to report on it. It is really old news now I guess, and I did take photos that day. It was a lovely road trip across the border to the Horsham quilt show. They had a lovely display of quilts and some shops to tempt us, and we had a great day. Of course it was also a good chance to do some shopping and the car had extra cargo for the journey home.

I took lots of photos, but will only post a few, mainly by quilters that I know.

The theme for their show was a "Celebration of Colour", and we were greeted at the door by Kaye, wearing a very colourful hat, and Sandra collecting our orders for lunch. Sorry it was a bit dark for photos at the entry.









This flowers in this pot were very interesting and all made from recyclable materials. Very clever. These blooms are made from plastic bottles!!









The next few quilts made by Sue, are all miniatures, and it's hard to realise just how small the pieces were just by looking at these photos.













 I was admiring this quilt, and thought to myself that I did like the way that a row of circles.....


                                          ................was quilted all around the applique!


And I had to laugh when I read the label attached!!. Errr Derrrr...... must have had a senior moment. (My excuse is that it was done sometime ago, and I have seen lots of quilts since then!)



 This fabric journal was very interesting, and looks like lots of fun to do. Maybe a "one day" occupation? A great way to use of lots of little bits and pieces, and I think I might have lots of those in my house, that I can use.



We stopped at Nhill on the way home and visited Jennifer Meek's shop where she has a lovely collection of fabrics, gifts and homewares. Next stop was for coffee and scones, and then a quilt delivery to a customer, before arriving back in Bordertown by 5pm.

Since that trip to Horsham, a lot has been achieved here, and not all by me. My time has been spent working on more mystery cases for this weekend's retreat, and a little bit of quilting with Max. I have been fortunate to have a special friend here doing lots of organising and sorting for me. I did say I had taken no photos, but apparently Raylene did. The tables have been piled high with bolts and piles of fabrics and my fairy has folded and packed lots of packs, ready to sell.



Another task that has been waiting for "one day" was to sort out the "STUFF" in my wardrobe. So one morning, I got brave and took the contents out of one wardrobe. A lot of sorting has happened, and now the clothes I wear fit nicely where I can see them. (I will say there is still another wardrobe that needs the same treatment, but that is another 'ONE DAY" task.) And you really did not want me to take a photo of the contents of that cupboard did you?

I think that is enough newsfromjude for now, and the clock has moved well beyond my bedtime. I shall be back tomorrow with another post of the last couple of days.

I do apologise for the lack of posts lately, and confess to being way behind in reading other blogs and leaving comments.

Blessings, From Jude




2 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

Many thanks from your loyal readers, a blog posted at 10.22 pm! It was a very productive week. I was amazed to see behind the scene of the work you do to produce the Mystery Cases. With 2 Retreats soon, back to back, any wonder you are burning the midnight oil. I enjoyed every minute 💖

Sue SA said...

So sorry I missed your visit to Horsham, thank you for show casing my mini quilts though. Glad you enjoyed your visit, there was a lovely display of quilts, in different styles.