Saturday 16 June 2018

Quilt show at last........

In today's quilt show, first up is a little quilt made up of "leftovers' by Jenny. This was custom quilted, with a simple pattern in each block in the centre of the quilt, and CC's or lines in the outer borders.



Maria made this large quilt, and it was quilted allover with a pattern called Vanilla Orchid.



This was made by Jean, using oriental fabrics and quilted with an allover pattern called Oriental Fans Simple.



The pattern has a similar fan design to the fabric.


This was also made by Jenny, and called Story Time. I used an assortment of different patterns in the blocks, such as robots, aliens, fish, trains and things relevant to the applique blocks in the quilt.







Sherrel made this pretty pink quilt and it was quilted allover with a pattern called Faster Posies.



This friendship quilt was made by Erica, using the Album block. Each member of her group signed their names, and these were embroidered in the centre of each block. I quilted this with a simple pattern in each block, avoiding the names.




"In the Wild" is the name of this quilt, made by Kaye. Rather a fun quilt for a child. It was custom quilted.






Since those, I have pieced and quilted 2 of my own, that I bought in the US. (Photos will come). It was been a learning curve using the new software.

I arrived home from Murray Bridge yesterday afternoon, just in time to welcome a lovely group of quilters, from Rendlesham, in the South East of SA. They are in the midst of a Pick a Case Mystery retreat, and while the girls are sewing, I have quilted some of the angels quilts, in between the meal preparation. And I have to confess that I had to correct a couple of errors in the quilts this weekend.

It has been the perfect weekend to be inside sewing, with the heater going, and listening to the rain. There has been much progress by the ladies, and I will post about this soon. There is a quilt with all the blocks laid out on my bed, so not sure what time I might be able to retire tonight?? Suffice to say, that not everyone sews their quilts together as the pattern shows!!

Be back another day, as I might head to the lounge and put my feet up while I finish sewing the binding on one of my quilts. I should have finished this last weekend, but the power went out, didn't it!?

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Beatiful quilting ....... Enjoy your group ... Hope it rains lots .... Nothing here but wicked freezing cold today .....

Raylene Edwards said...

That’s a great mix of different design quilts, that gives you the opportunity to be creative. The weather is ideal for a happy quilting weekend with friends, a fire & food 😊