Tuesday 25 July 2017

This and that........

I am sitting in the lounge with my feet up after 2 days standing at Max, so thought I would post more newsfromjude before I call it a day night. The following photos give a summary of the last few days.

I mentioned in a recent post, that I was disappointed to miss Quilt Encounter, as it clashed with my Melbourne trip. But Marie attended, and she brought her samples of indigo dyed fabric to show me when she returned. Ann called in to pick up her quilt, while Marie was here, and was very interested in the various blues. And if you look closely, you might notice that Marie has got more than blue fabric. (Look at the hair!!)


This is where I went a few days ago, to sit in one of these chairs. I won't be leaving it so long next time, and have scheduled regular hair appointments for the next few months.


This was my weekend project, and I have titled it "Finished is better than perfect".


This is my effort at using the Quick Curve Ruler. I thought it would be a good way to make a Wedding Ring quilt, but because I made a cutting error early in the process, things did not turn out as planned. As a result the quilt is a bed runner instead of a bed quilt. The blocks did not fit together very well, hence the name. I had hoped that my quilter might fix it, but she didn't!


 This is what I have been working on for the last 2 days. I will post photos of the quilting one day.


Monday morning I had to call the plumber, as my hot water, was not hot! I was hoping that it was time for a new element, but unfortunately the news was not good. The hot water service had come to the end of it's life, and needed to be replaced. As it was in the roof space, the plumber took photos to show me how bad it was, and this is one of them. It was not unexpected news, as we knew it was on "borrowed time."


 Tiles had to be removed while they worked on the job, and you can see we had some blue sky today.


I now have a new hot water service on the path outside the laundry door, and hopefully in the morning I will be able to have a hot shower.


Tomorrow I will be loading a large quilt, that is full of needleturn applique, so I expect this will take me quite a few days.

Time for bed now, as it has been a long day, after an early 5am start.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Sue SA said...

Hope the HWS is up and running now, we take our hot water for granted and thats how I like it! Good luck with the custom quilting, hope the quilt talks to you. Bed runners are nice!

Susan Smith said...

Nothing worse than having to replace a hot water service, and hopefully a hot shower has made it worthwhile. I've the quick curve ruler, but haven't tried it out yet. Should remedy that some day. Look forward to seeing how you custom quilt this next large one. Take care.