Wednesday 14 June 2017

"Tis two nights after the retreat..........

and all in the house is quiet.......
the washing is done,
the floors have been cleaned....
the leftovers are frozen.....
and planning is happening for the next one.

I slept for 11 hours last night, so think I might have recovered from the weekend. It's back to reality and "normal" again, for just over 2 weeks at least. I have loaded another quilt, and pulled out a few more to press, measure and get ready. "Stuff" has been put away, and it's back to quilting again.

Today I went to Keith, (about 1/2 hour away), for a car service, and booked an appointment on Friday for new tyres. I even washed the car, and that's a job that's not been done for "awhile"! Helen came to Keith with me, and we had lunch and a coffee or two and checked out the local shops while the car was being done.

These are a couple of photos of our group's raffle quilt that Pat put together on the weekend. The blocks were made by members of our group, which is always an interesting process, when lots of people make blocks!!?? It has been quilted allover with a pattern I have not used before, but has given a lot of texture to the quilt.



It is the middle of June, so I have the bookwork out again, and hope to do the last 2 months this week, ready for the end of financial year. (And the mind is already thinking about more quilt designs and mystery cases).


And my "understudy" has been shopping for me today, and found this bingo set. It is "slightly" smaller than what we used on the weekend, but it will do the job we want! Thankyou Raelene for being my delivery person today. (Raelene has been shopping, has delivered a quilt to a customer, and also dropped off a parcel to another lady for me.)  A saying in my family was "your blood is worth bottling!". I must have said this to my children over the years, because they wrote that on a blackboard at my 60th birthday party.


That's all the newsfromjude from me, but I see that Joy has posted her report on the retreat, in 3 parts, so you can read all about it from her perspective if you hop over to her blog.

Good night

Blessings, From Jude

4 comments:

Sue SA said...

You are so organised! I am still to put away my purchases from my last two shopping trips! Love the new bingo, better size for storing away for the rest of the year....unless your going to take to bingo as a Friday night occupation?! We have casserole tea and chocolate bingo at our local hall as a fun family night in winter...with mini Mars bars etc as the prizes. Somehow the kids tend to win more then the parents!

Susan Smith said...

The smaller bingo setup will be easier than borrowing the large one & was a good move. I'll try & do my post today at some point, but now I'm in a frenzy about going to Sydney. Once we are back I'll be getting my top finished & back into 'normal'. Thanks again & take care.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh good on you Raelene!!! What a good understudy you are :) Aren't you lucky Judy?! I mean, she has a few things to learn, but seriously, she did keep us in "stitches" all weekend, didn't she?! xx

Jean McGee said...

The mystery quilt weekend was once again great fun and lovely quilts on show. Thanks again Judy .😀😀