Tuesday 20 June 2017

Mid week distraction

This pretty bundle of fabrics arrived on my doorstep on Monday morning, and I have been waiting for these since they were ordered a couple of months ago. And I have just the pattern I want to use them in, so what better time than now to start.
 I know I have another custom quilt on Max, and the beds are not all remade from last weekend, and I have not finished my other PHD's, but......


I have studied the pattern, and carefully worked out the cutting instructions, and it is one that needs concentration. I have been cutting since 5pm, and not half way there yet. But tomorrow is another day, and I am being joined by another friend who is going to make one too. Her fabrics will be quite different to mine.
I feel a bit sorry for those who need to finish one project before they start another. Look at all the quilts they don't get investigate. (I suppose they at least have finished things, but one day I hope to as well). I am excited to get into this, and will come back with progress shots later.
I know it's not the weekend tomorrow, but I am declaring it a day off from work for me. I could get used to this. Imagine a sewing day, and reading a book, all in the same week!!?

Better get to bed, so that I can get to work play in the morning. Hope I don't sleep in. 😉

Blessings, From Jude

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice fabrics looking forward to seeing what you come up with.....your you're own boss so do what you want enjoy........

Sue SA said...

How exciting to see you excited about a new quilt. Very pretty fabric, I look forward to seeing it all sewn up!

Maxine S said...

You go girl! There's nothing like "playing hookey" and doing something you fancy rather than what you feel you should be doing!! It's good for the soul too.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Lovely fabrics! I think it is a great idea to have a day off... enjoy! xx

Jean McGee said...

Beautiful fabric colours. Enjoy your time to relax , you deserve it! Xx😀

Susan Smith said...

It's what we quilters like to think of as "creativity +". Of course you need time to play & although I've completed another 5 blocks from the Mystery case, I was in the middle of one of my own designs when we visited & finished 3 of those blocks too before we left for Sydney. Wonder which one I'll start back on once we get home?
Take care.