Wednesday 14 September 2016

Where did the spring go?.....

This week the wintry weather has returned in full force, with a drop in temperatures, lots of rain and wind. Last week's spring was just a tease. This is the view from the window where I am sitting at the computer, working on new Mystery Quilts. There is a meal cooking in the oven, and the dishwasher is going. The children are at school, I have been to the shops, and the rest of the day is mine! But, as it is after 12 now, and the school pickup is 3pm, maybe there is not much day left!?



And this is the view from the front door. There are some lovely blossoming trees up the other direction of the road, but today they look rather bedraggled, and I was not walking up to get a photo in the rain. Maybe the rain will be stopped tomorrow?? It is very windy, but that does not show up in the photos.


It must be time again for more quilt photos, so will post some before I get back to work.

First up is a quilt I did for a group who is going to raffle this quilt. It is a Jinny Beyer design and sorry I forgot the name of the quilt, and I am not home to look it up.







This was made by Barb, using William Morris fabrics, and was quilted with an allover pattern.


In colours of the ocean, this quilt that was made by Colleen was quilted allover with a pattern called Curling Waves.


This is called Mountain Haze and was made by Sherrel in one of the Pick a Case Mystery Retreats, and was quilted with an allover pattern.


This was made by Kerryn, using a jelly roll, and was quilted allover with a leaf pattern.


This was made by Sam's sister, and quilted allover with a pattern called Seaglass.



Pink Scrappy Trips was made by Pauline, and quilted allover with a Daisy pattern.



I hope you are having a good week, whatever you are doing.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

I'd not known about all the rain till I read Joy's blog a little earlier. Here in UK we've had a mixed bag, but yesterday got to 28deg here in Yorkshire. Love some of those quilts and remember the JB one from our retreat earlier this year and love what you've done. Take care.

Sue SA said...

More beautiful quilts and quilting, thank you for sharing! Lots of rain here in Horsham this week, and to my dismay more expected next week! I took the kids to watch the water flowing over the weir. I threw my gumboots out when we moved to Sydney (14 yrs ago) but I could use them now!