Monday 5 September 2016

The birds are singing....

I have been up since 5.30am and sitting at the kitchen table doing my Bible study. I love the early mornings, and this morning it has been more special to listen to the birds singing loudly. Another sign that spring is in the air. Sorry I have no photo, as it's still dark outside. Maybe I should try to video the sound on my phone??
It is our group's patchwork day today, and I usually attend about 11am for a coffee and a catchup. It is a long time since I have taken the day out and stayed to sew. Must do that one day soon. Tonight we have a general meeting, preceeded by a pizza tea for our members. It is 20 years since our group commenced, so the committee decided to have a little party to celebrate. Must remember to take the camera.
The photo below shows you what is on the agenda for this week. I hang them up behind the machine so that they can "talk" to me about how they are to be quilted. These are all to be custom quilted.
 That grey one on the machine is mostly finished, just have a couple of "touchups" to do first thing this morning, before it is picked up by the owner today. I am anxious to get it off, and see it "from a distance".


After church yesterday morning, I spent the day doing admin stuff, and made some changes to the scheduled retreats page of my blog. The pink retreat this month is booked out, and I am now working on filling the Pick a Case Mystery in October. Would love to hear from anyone interested in a fun weekend, where the cutting is all done ready for you to sew!
I have added a few dates for 2017, and already have names for some! Thankyou to those who come back again and again. It is always a special time of fellowship with other quilters.

Time to get to the shower and start my day.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Summer said...

Blessings to you too! Hugs ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You are an early bird! It is nice being up that early though, just listening to the world outside wake up... xx