Friday 30 September 2016

A quick post.....

while waiting for my "taxi" to arrive for a day trip to the city. The QGSA quilt exhibition starts today, and we are heading up to check it out. 'Tis a bit exciting as a few local girls have entered quilts this year, and I know of 3 of them that have received phone calls telling them they have won a prize. So the anticipation to find out what the prizes are is high. Of course, having your quilt hanging in the state exhibition is a prize, but to receive a ribbon is the "icing on the cake".

The weather is calm here this morning, and hopefully the wild winds have gone for now. Our power blackout lasted for 9 hours on Wednesday evening. I am very thankful for my wood heater, and managed to boil some water for a nice cuppa, and kept quite warm. It is a stark reminder of just how much we rely on the power for almost everything we do. There has been lots of damage in parts of our state, and some areas are still without power. 

Thought I would post a quilt photos this morning, as it seems to be awhile between pics of quilts on the blog. 
This was made by Sherrel, using the Quick Curve Rulers of Sew Kind of Wonderful. There are so many options when using these rulers. Our local group is doing a workshop soon, and I have had the ruler for a "few" years, so I am looking forward to this. This is the first of 3 of these quilts that I have to do, so the challenge is to try and make them all look a bit different. Will post the others in due course.



Almost time for my ride to arrive, so will be back soon, with an update of our day trip to the city.

Blessings, From Jude

1 comment:

Sue SA said...

Wow! Glad to hear you survived the storms and power blackout.