Saturday 4 February 2012

Quilt for Lois

A couple of photos, of Lois' quilt which I did earlier in the week. We are both pleased with the way it turned out. Have had 3 days in the big city since I finished this, home last night and back to work today.
Spent time with family and then attended the Valuation Panel day which is always an interesting day and we get to see some great quilts.

Posted by Picasa
Today it is 10 years since my first quilting machine arrived from the US, a Gammill Premier, to which I later added a stitch regulator. And 5 years later, also in February I purchased my second machine, Gammill Optimum with the Statler Stitcher. I later sold the Premier.
Its hard to believe that Cornerstone Creations Machine Quilting has been going for 10 years!
Have seen many quilts in that time, been a wonderful journey and met so many great people, (some in person, and some by phone!), thank you all so much. I have seen so much change in this industry, wonder where we will be in another 10 years?

As a reply to the couple of comments about what I acheived last week, I would just like to add that you would not be so impressed if you could see the housework that was not done, the dust on the furniture that you could write the date in (!!) and the cobwebs around my house!! I do hope to get to all that soon, when the bookwork is all caught up.

Enjoy your weekend, whatever you are doing.

Blessings From Jude

1 comment:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Wow Jude, this is a beautiful quilt! Congratulations on reaching your 10th birthday, what a wonderful achievement and I often wonder what it would be like to look back at your beginners work and to where you are today. It sure is a journey, and a constant learning process. Looking forward to another 10 years??