Monday 23 January 2012

Pat the "angel"


Haven't put much on the blog lately, but am still here. Working on my overdue bookwork for my appointment with the accountant soon.
So while I have been sitting on my....., Pat has been here for a few days, using my machine to quilt some quilts. Photo above is Pat, finally sitting down and surveying her work.
Our local patchwork group has a sub group called the Gumnut Angels, who make quilts for those who are sick, or donate them to worthy causes, all made from donated fabrics, so they are mostly scrap quilts. We meet once a month to sew these quilts, and I usually quilt them, but have been a bit "slack" lately, and haven't had time amongst the renovations and customer quilts to do them. The pile has grown so Pat volunteered to come and quilt them as she is the only one here that knows how to operate my machine. They all had edge to edge patterns quilted on them. Now it will be up to some other "angels" to come and put the bindings on.

So now its time to get back to the book work,
Blessings From Jude
Posted by Picasa

No comments: