Sunday 20 December 2020

Customer quilt update..............

 It must be time for another blog post, so this morning I will update you with the latest quilt photos. There is a lot of other newsfromjude but that can wait for another day. 

First up is a quilt made by Jocelyn, who is on a mission to use up and finish off quilts that she has started over the years. This is a simple rail fence quilt and has been quilted with an oval pattern. Sorry I can't tell you the exact name as I am not home to look it up, but if you wish to know more, please contact me for more details. (I did have a comment from someone wanting to know the name of the designers of the patterns I use, so please ask if you want to know, as that info is not here either.)



This is Sue's Casa Felix quilt, and has been quilted allover with an pattern called Paradise.



June made this simple little quilt for a gift, and it has been custom quilted.



Another quilt made by Sue, a Pick a Box mystery quilt designed by Lessa Siegele and this was quilted allover with Leaves Dense.

This is very striking Missouri Star quilt was made by Mandy, and quilted allover with a leaves pattern.


Heather called this quilt her Scrappy Covid quilt, that was made during isolation and used up lots of small bits.


Beth made this very pretty, simple log cabin quilt, with appliqued butterflies for a Christmas gift, and it was  quilted allover with Butterflies and Swirls.

Cheryl does the most amazing needleturn applique and this was combined with a few pieced blocks to make this striking black and white quilt for her niece. It was custom quilted, but it was hard to photograph showing the quilting.




Sandy spent quite a few years handpiecing this quilt which was then appliqued onto a background. This was custom quilted with a simple pattern in each hexagon and piano keys in the border.


I was looking for a simple pattern to fit the 6 sided hexagon shape and found the pattern on the left, but it did not fill the shape quite like I wanted. Thankfully the Statler programme has a few tricks up it's sleeve and I was able to adjust the pattern to what you see on the right, which fitted the space a lot more to my liking.



That's all for this post. I do have another couple of quilt photos to show, but one quilt really needs it's own post so I will be back. Hope your weekend is going well and you are all not too stressed in the leadup to Christmas day. My apologies to those whose comments I have not replied to yet, but hopefully this week I can catch up with a few of those "gunna do" jobs on my list.

Blessings, From Jude




7 comments:

kiwikid said...

A beautiful collection of quilts and quilting Jude, very nice to see.

Maria said...

Lots of beautiful quilting to finish off many ladies quilts...
Love the pattern you were able to tweak for the Hexie quilt.....

Raylene Edwards said...

Another batch of interesting quilts.Glad to see Max is still on the job, not so good that he needs an overseer to get the work done! Your Christmas Break is just around the corner 😉

Susan Smith said...

You've sure been busy, so well done you. Merry Christmas, take care & stay safe.

Janice said...

A lovely variety of quilts that you have worked on. It must be fun deciding which patterns to use and seeing them come to life.

loulee said...

Wow, you got to add your magic to some beautiful quilts.

Cindy Brick said...

I am amazed at how well your motif fits those hexagon GFG flowers!

Good for you, girl.

But first my attention was drawn to the wonderful shadings on the Roman Rail/Rail Fence. I have plans to fool around with that pattern -- but in miniature blocks in a queen-sized quilt. I want to see if I can get the pattern to 'flow' diagonally across the quilt, then add a plain or appliqued border. Sometime this coming winter, I hope...

Merry Christmas to you.