Sunday 27 December 2020

Boxing Day Gathering

 Yesterday it was time for another trip up the highway to take Mum home again. Unloaded the luggage at her place and then we headed to my sister's house for our extended family celebrations. It has become a custom to meet the day after Christmas so that each family can have their own gatherings on the actual day. This has worked pretty well for years now, and 38 of us met for lunch yesterday.

My BIL is very creative outside in the garden and I snapped a few pics of the following............







                 Inside the house my creative sister came to the fore with these pics...................




....and this house is a tribute to our Dad, who loved Kit Kat chocolates, and we all knew that was the perfect birthday and Father's day pressie for him.


Miss Bridie enjoyed time in the cubby............


                                     ...............and isn't this little guy cool in the sunnies??


........and the perfect height for little people to get some goals!


A barbecue with salad lunch was enjoyed by us all seated at a variety of tables.................






The weather was very warm and a great day for a swim in the pool after lunch................


                                    ........before we all gathered around for the opening of present.


I did video the gift giving and it was rather a noisy affair with 38 people in the room, but I can't work out how to upload it to the blog.

So Christmas celebrations are over for another year, and we won't think too much about next year, yet.

I drove home last night and enjoyed a good night's sleep before waking to a much cooler day today. I attended church this morning and enjoyed a great message from our pastor about Hope which is very relevant to current events. More time was spent in the garden this afternoon as well as much time on the computer looking back over the year, in preparation for a blog post on the year that has been.

Be back soon with another post. I have quite a few that I want to get published before the end of 2020, and I see it is already the 27th!! After gaps of 2 weeks between posts, I am about to make up for lost time.

Blessings, From Jude.

5 comments:

Susan Smith said...

What a lovely day you must have had with a big family gathering. No luck on that front here with boys interstate & one in UK. Hope is what we need for next year. I've a lot of catching up to do too, in the garden, my sewing & just getting myself adjusted to how life may be from now on. My DD's birthday today & all of 48. Really, I keep telling myself, it can't be. Your B-i-L's garden is something. Take care & stay safe.

kiwikid said...

That looks like a fantastic day Jude, everyone gathered together. Your brother in law has created wonderful sculptures for the garden.

Raylene Edwards said...

That was a lovely day for your family. Lots of Love & Laughter & the message from Ruth... Hope. It’s what we all need & with faith it will happen ❤️

Janice said...

I’ve just had a chance to catch up on your last few blog posts. You were so fortunate to be able to celebrate Christmas with both your family and your church community. Spreading the celebrations aver several days sound wonderful, if not a little tiring. I bet you are now looking forward to some quiet time and simple food. The message from you pastor is very appropriate. Despite everything, we have so much to be thankful for.

ButterZ said...

Wow, that’s a gathering. Well done for all getting together. Great garden pieces.