Tuesday 29 December 2020

Another quilt - Auntie Tess


It's time for some photos of that last custom quilt that I was working on. This is a Corliss Searcy design from Threadbare quilts called Auntie Tess. This is the 3rd of Corliss' designs that Jill has made, and that I have quilted in the last year, and the amount of needleturn in them, especially in the first 2, is beyond my comprehension. Jill tells me the quilts were her therapy and made while sitting with her mother in the last year's of her life, so they are a real heirloom for the family. 










 Jill lives an hour from the Barossa, and picked this quilt up from me when I went up for our family Christmas. We are both very happy with how it turned out. 

The software that runs my machine has the ability to tell me how many stitches in each project. Just for a bit of fun, I am having a competition for you to guess how many stitches are in this quilt?? To make it a bit simpler for you, can you guess how many stitches there are per square inch? That might be easier for you to visualize? (I have the machine set at 14 stitches per inch). That may or may not help. You can click onto the photos to make them larger. This is open to any readers, even overseas, but not Jill and another reader who knows that she is ineligible.

I look forward to hearing from you, and of course I will find a nice prize for the one who is closest to the answer. How many stitches per square inch are there in the quilting of this quilt? Entries close at the end of Friday, January 8th, 2021.

Much time has been spent in the garden this week as I am on a mission to get some order out there so that I can move onto another project on my 'to do' list. I am heading up the highway tomorrow for a blood test, and will check in again on Thursday with a summary of the year that has been 2020!

Blessings, From Jude

10 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

I’d like to think it was made originally for Auntie Tess, by the designer who must have thought Auntie Tess was someone special. It’s beautiful, congratulations to Jill & you, for an outstanding quilt. 🌟

Maria said...

Such amazing work in the quilt by Jill and you deserve another ribbon for the fabulous quilting Jude.....

Karen's Korner said...

Stunning work. I guess we will see another ribbon on the wall soon.

Michele Hill said...

Absolutely stunning quilt and as always your quilting is amazing Jude! xx

dq said...

Oh Jude. Everything about this quilt is jaw dropping but especially your quilting! Love Love Love!

Janice said...

All I can say is “Wow”! Both you and Jill have done some exceptional work to create this masterpiece. I wouldn’t even hazard a guess at how many stitches there are, except “Squillions”.

Gloria N. said...

LOL! I would love to enter your little contest, but I don't think I can count that high!

Bethan said...

Absolutely stunning work!

Chookyblue...... said...

55 stitches/inch???
Gorgeous quilt and quilting.......

Hellie said...

Just so chooky has some competition I’ll say 120