Thursday 9 July 2020

Weekend visitors..........


I have just realised it is Thursday evening and another week has almost disappeared, so perhaps I better report on last weekend's happenings before they turn into old news.

It has been quite a few months since I have had family to stay here, so I was excited when DS rang to say they would be in town and could they stay! And the added bonus was having time with the children after a few months of not seeing them. Miss Bridie is at a good age now, and full of chatter and questions! She wanted to know why I have all these things on my walls?? (meaning all the quilts that are displayed all over the house!) And why do I have so many chairs? Because there are 9 sewing chairs in the front room where the retreats are usually held! And why do I have so many beds in my house? I guess they are all valid questions from a little girl who does not know that Grandma works from home and it's all part of my business activities.

The rest of the family had other places to go on Saturday, so that meant we had special time together. There was time for drawing and colouring in, and there were cup cakes to ice and decorate.....


.................................................and after all the cakes were done, maybe I will eat some of the sprinkles that were left over?


Mr Tate was fascinated with the pigs, chicken and the sheep on Miss Billie's quilt, which has not been finished yet.


Miss Bridie is only days away from turning 5, so I thought that it was time to introduce her to the sewing machine. A footstool under the table brings the foot control up to the right level...........


and after a talk on the danger of putting her fingers too close to the needle, she was off! She tried out lots of different stitches and thread colours, and stitched allover the fabric.............. She knows her numbers so was able to change the stitches by herself, and all I did was thread the machine and watch for awhile............She enjoyed the sewing, so I do hope we get another chance soon, as school will happen next year.


This was what she ended up with, and it has been left here for me to finish off. I think I will fold it in half, add a lining and a zip and make it into a pencil case for her. Watch this space.........


All too soon it was time for them to go home..............



All the grandchildren have been introduced to the sewing machines (even the boys), and it is my hope that one day some of them might come back to it.

On Tuesday I travelled up the highway again, and took Miss 16 year old and her sister out for lunch. This pic was taken just after she had passed her test for her Learners drivers licence.


It certainly is different not going up and down the road several times a month as I used to. It was just dark as I drove back into town, and I saw the most amazing moon in the sky. I stopped for a photo, but this does not do it justice. It was very orange and huge, and appeared to be so close. It was not something I have ever seen before. I went outside later in the evening to look again, but it was not the same.

Quilting with Max has been on the agenda this week as well, and I am hopeful of getting some time in the long neglected garden sometime soon. I hope to have more news of the Paper Dolls quilt that I am making for Miss Bridie, and other quilt news, as well, so I will be back.

Blessings, From Jude


5 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

You and Miss Bridie certainly had a lovely "girls" day together.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to have such a lovely time with your grandchildren.

Raylene Edwards said...

Social distancing has kept families from seeing each other, so it’s extra special to enjoy the company of your grandchildren & for them to receive hugs & kisses 💖

dq said...

The photos are a lovely representation of a wonderful time with grands!!! Oh do we love them!

Chookyblue...... said...

Catching up on long time ago posts....... Lovely family time and great to have the grandies sewing.....
I try and catch the moon each month....i miss sometimes but the rising is always so spectacular when it's full or close to full.....