Tuesday 28 July 2020

Happy Birthday

Today is Miss Bridie's 5th birthday. My goodness, those 5 years have gone so fast. It doesn't seem that long ago when all the ladies at the retreat were eagerly waiting for news of the birth. It is always good to head back into the photo files to find pics to share and remember. 







              This was taken at a party on the weekend with your little friends...................


             ..............and today was the day I gave you your quilt. It fits on your bed just right. 
                                         Glad you had a great day, Love from grandma xx



I have had a lovely trip up the highway today, to meet the family, and spend time with my mum. I was able to visit my dad in aged care for the first time in 5 months, which was lovely. He is looked after so well. Following that visit one of my brothers, mum and I went looking at lots of units in different retirement villages. Mum has decided that she is ready to sell the house and move into a village, and is looking forward to what is ahead.

Better hit the publish key, and hope that the bed is warm by now, even though the house is cold. The temperature here was 3deg when I left early this morning, and by the time I got to Keith it was 0deg, and the day has been sunny, but very cold. Tomorrow I will light the fire again, and do some housecleaning in readiness for a visitor soon. And we are looking forward to another Zoom catchup on Saturday,  joining in with Chookyblue and blog friends!

Blessings, From Jude








6 comments:

Raedene said...

Beautiful walk down memory lane. Yes, they grow up so fast, but you are enjoying every moment you can. Lovely quilt.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful photos of your grand daughters growth, her quilt looks great.

Jean McGee said...

Lovely photos of you and Bridie, I remember being at the retreat when we were all waiting for news of her arrival.
Love her quilt, it's beautiful.
๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Maria said...

Gorgeous photos of Miss Bridie ... I think she loves her new quilt....

Chookyblue...... said...

The quilt looked great on the bed.......

dq said...

Oh, isn't she as beautiful now as much as then! I also love her paper doll quilt!