Monday 27 July 2020

Back on Track!

My apologies to all for the last dismal post, and I am here to report that I have my 'mojo' back. One doesn't have to look far from my own space to see and hear of so many who really do have problems and worries and that is enough to give me a reality check!  Events in our world are not looking too good either and I shake my head in disbelief about some people and their arrogance and disregard for others, so I won't go any further with this thought.

I took my own advice and headed out to the sunshine, before the cold air came in again and started pulling weeds. I have been back out again each day, and even though there is still a long way to go, I can see progress. I weeded the daffodil patch...........


......and started digging up the dahlia's to put them in the shed until planting time............



I received these photos from DIL of Miss Bridie opening the parcel that I sent to her with her pencil case.



It was lovely to be able to go to church again on Sunday morning, and meet up with friends face to face, while following social distancing regulations. Once again our Pastor gave us much "food for thought" and urged us to make the most of each day, which was a very timely message for me and my "wallowing"!

 I spent the afternoon in another favourite place, while listening to inspirational music. But before I started sewing, I thought it might be a good idea to remove the plate and clean out the dark depths?? Looks like it is a job I should have done some time ago, don't you?


I did start sewing borders onto Miss Billie's quilt, but can't finish that until I make some appliqued corner blocks. Next job was to sew the binding onto this quilt. I do have a story to tell about this quilt, but that can wait for another post. Looks like I might need some binding time sitting by the fire one evening?


I have a 2 drawers that are full of 2 1/2" strips and I decided that it was time for some to come out. (Notice that the strips are all sorted into their colours!!)



Sunday afternoon I picked out a few different colours, (while trying not to untidy all those lovely strips), and started making blocks. As this is a work in progress, I will return another time with further pics.

Today has been pretty busy, with another couple of hours spent in the garden, some washing, time in the kitchen for cooking, a video call with Miss Billie and family, some time with Max, a bit of shopping, and time at the sewing machine again. Tomorrow it is a special birthday for a 5 year old, and I decided to applique Bridie's name onto a pillowcase to go with her quilt, and perhaps this will save me wrapping it up?


Time in the kitchen this morning was spent making some cup cakes to take tomorrow as I head up the highway again to meet up with Miss and her family. I will be back with another birthday post tomorrow evening.


Time for some shut eye, ready for an early start tomorrow. There is a frost expected in the morning, so stay warm, or cool if you are further north in our world!

Blessings, From Jude


5 comments:

Gail said...

Glad you are feeling better, it's hard to stay positive right now but time in the sunshine and at the sewing machine always help! Kisses and Hugs for the birthday girl and her Gran!

Karen's Korner said...

Good progress with the garden. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of those strips. Nice photo of the birthday girl opening her parcel.

Linda Steele said...

Good to hear that you have your mojo back, but there is nothing wrong with relaxing with a book sometimes, especially this year. I don't know why we think we have to work non-stop all the time. It must be the way we were brought up.

Raylene Edwards said...

There certainly hasn’t been any wallowing in the last few days. The garden will benefit from your TLC & Miss Bridie appears thrilled with her quilt. A family catchup is essential together with attending church & listening to Ruth-in real life. You are allowed a teeny wallow now & then. Happy Days 😊

Jean McGee said...

We have all felt a bit despondent lately I think, but it's good to get outside in the garden it certainly lifts the spirits.
Glad you are feeling better and more motivated now.
πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸŒžπŸŒΊπŸŒΊ