Saturday 6 July 2019

Last weekend

I am home again, and have my computer to be able to download and export the photos. For some reason my new phone takes ages to put a photo on the blog. It is taking quite a while to get used to some of the features. I am especially frustrated with Google Maps, as I can't get it to "talk" to me while I am driving. I can see the map on the screen, but I want it to tell me which lane to get in and when to turn while I am driving.

There is lots of newsfromjude this week, and it will take ages to sort photos etc., so I will divide it into smaller posts over the next few days.

Last weekend my mum and my niece came to stay for a few days, which was lovely. Mum took some time out and relaxed with a book. Sometimes I have found sewing projects for Miss Ellie, but I had a few things on the go while they were here, and had not prepared anything for her in the sewing room.


But she does love cooking, so I gave her full rein in the kitchen, and Mum and I sat down to surprise meals each day!! Without any help she investigated the ingredients in my pantry, fridge and freezer, found all the necessary equipment and cooked for us. We enjoyed pasta dishes, quiche, vegetables and desserts. For a young lady who is not quite 13 years old, I give her full marks for an excellent job.



And she even cleans up her own mess, which is a bonus.


I have been trying to reduce the amount of quilts in my house, (so that I can make room for more!!??) and she liked this one, which went home with her.


The following info about this quilt was copied from my Quilt Gallery page............

I made this quilt in a workshop with Kaye England, who visited Australia from the USA in November 2006. The workshop demonstrated the use of the Nifty Notions Rulers, and I enjoyed this, and still use the rulers today. This is the Gretchen Block in made in the range of fabric called Kaye's Cottage. I finally finished the quilt, which I called Kaye's Roses, in February, 2009. (It is really handy when you put labels on quilts so that you have this information, but I have to confess it is not something I often do!!)


Now that I have been into the Quilt Gallery page, I see that I need to do some updating, as there are quite a few quilt pictures that I need to put up that have been made recently. Will add it to the "to do" list, for my spare time??

I took my visitors home on the way to the city on Tuesday where I have been for the last few days. There is  lot to report on from that trip, so will be back "soon". Meanwhile, I am warming up my house which was so cold when I got home last night, the washing machine is going, and I am catching up on admin stuff for most of today.

Blessings, From Jude




2 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

Let the blogs begin. What a treat having your Mum & a Cooking Fairy come to stay, & one of your quilts given to a really clever young lady. ๐Ÿ’

Jean McGee said...

You have a clever young niece, how nice to not have to cook for a few dates. She will appreciate the lovely quilt you've given her.
Keep the fire burning now you're home. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€