Monday 22 July 2019

2019 Christmas in July retreat report.....................

The house is very quiet tonight now that the girls have gone home, and most of the clearing up has been done. Another quilt has been loaded ready for tomorrow morning, and I have my feet up by the warm fire in the lounge, with my laptop on my knee.

Christmas in July, 2019 has been another great time of laughter, much chatter, and friendship. The volume of conversations was rather high, as each person caught up on the last year's happenings of life. I love to listen to the interaction between them all, as they share with each other. It is time to relax, and be looked after, with out the distractions of life at home.

While I was working in the kitchen, and listening to the chatter, it was hard to know which conversation to listen to, as there were many going on at once. We had a few local ladies call in to say hello, and many friendships have been formed in past years. I have to say, that not a lot of sewing happened, and I was rather remiss in the taking of heaps of photos. I shall share a few pics below, not in any particular order.



This bottle of Sable arrived dressed appropriately for Christmas! I have to say that there were a lot more bottles that arrived, but none as smart as this one!


Our Christmas dinner was enjoyed by all, and was followed by the most amazing Christmas pudding I have ever tasted. Forgot the photo until most had been consumed. Thanks to Kaye for cooking this.


A few photos of some sewing..................






After lunch it was time to wait for the arrival of Santa.......................


..................... who seemed very happy to receive some hugs and kisses from the girls! Thankyou Santa, you are a good sport to come back so willingly each year.




A few came dressed for Christmas....................




Of course there had to be a group photo and what better place than beside the table set for Christmas lunch.


That's it for another year, when they all say they will be back again. The weekend seems to go so quickly. 3 of us attended a very inspiring church service on Sunday morning before enjoying the company of some local ladies who joined us for lunch.

Time to put another log on the fire.

Blessings, From Jude

4 comments:

Raylene Edwards said...

Fun, Feastings & Christmas Greetings makes a Fantastic weekend...AGAIN 🎄🍷🎉🎅

Jean McGee said...

Thank you Judy and friends for another Xmas in July with sunny weather and a warm fire. Santa Claus was generous once again but he was rewarded with a few gifts to keep him happy so we make sure he comes back again next year.
Great weekend and lots of fun and laughter .
🌲🌲🌟😍😍💕

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend yet again!! xx

Unknown said...


My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)