Friday 15 March 2019

Quilt Time again.........

It seems like it's time again for a quilt show, as it is 3 weeks since I posted any. Newsfromjude seems to be less about quilting lately, and more about my road tripping. I think I need to stay home more often. I am feeling a tad "jetlagged", and am off up the highway again tomorrow, and then again next weekend!! My plans are to stay put for awhile after that, but with some things that are "brewing" in the background, this could change at any moment.

 So without further ado..................

The first quilt up was made by Kathleen, called Garden Maze. This was quilted ages ago, and almost missed the show! Kathleen said for less quilting, than more, so you can see what I did in the following photos.








The sashings were quilted with freehand leaves, but as it's a busy fabric, it is hard to see.


Suzie made this BOM quilt and had the most detailed needleturn applique in the blocks. This was quilted allover with Baptist Fan.



Cheryl made this quilt, and also does amazing needleturn, and stitcheries. This is a very striking 2 colour quilt. There was lots of SID, continuous curves, and outlining to do on this quilt.










Helen's quilts are a contrast, and a great use of scrappy fabrics. She made lots of scrappy stars, and stitched them together and it was quilted allover with Stars and Loops.





She miscounted, and found an extra star after making the top quilt, so used it in the center of another scrappy quilt, and when I asked what pattern she wanted, told me to choose 'whatever', and lo and behold I do have an allover pattern called Whatever, so that's what we used! Surely her stash of scrap fabrics is seriously depleted now??



That's all for tonight. I probably should go for some "beauty" sleep as I have an early start in the morning. There is a celebration lunch tomorrow for GD2's 18th birthday, (which was 11 days ago). We sure have had lots of family time together lately.

 The angels were here yesterday for a sewing day, and were very productive, making string blocks to go to the Victorian bushfire relief. There has been lots of scrappy quilting here lately, but the stash does not seem to be shrinking.



I have been working on some custom quilts this week, and today there are lots of elephants walking around in my studio!!


That's all for tonight,

Blessings, From Jude



3 comments:

Sue SA said...

Love the appliqued quilt with baptist fan, such pretty designs and colours. And the quilted elephants on the border are adorable, I just made two cot quilts with elephants and that would have been perfect finishing touch if I had a long arm!

Jean McGee said...

Lovely quilts Judy, sometimes we have to put things on hold (like quilting ) while we deal with family,health etc but that's life. Will be good when you can be home for a while, get back into a routine and rest up.
Take care, love from Jean ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Raylene Edwards said...

Scraps should be stored in Male & Female tubs as I’m sure they breed overnight. You have been attending some lovely family celebrations, so worth the journeys. ๐Ÿš˜